Garmin GPS Products

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okeefjr

Reaction score
Just got my new Garmin 590LM directly from Garmin. I had an older 2820 street pilot which Garmin gave me 40 percent off on the 590 dropping the price from 899. down to 532. Just wanted to share this if anyone is shopping for new GPS.

details please - the most I have ever been able to get from them was 100 off. Was this the support line or what process did you go through?

I thought I scored when I got the 20% discount. After I bought they raised the price of the 590 by $100. 40% off and you netted a $125 better deal than I did.

I think the conditions of this discount is you must have a registered product that has some unserviceable problem. The discount is a replacement discount in lieu of warranty.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking there is something seriously amiss with Garmin's pricing structure if they can afford to be giving a 40% discount for the return of an item they can only scrap.

I'm thinking there is something seriously amiss with Garmin's pricing structure if they can afford to be giving a 40% discount for the return of an item they can only scrap.
No return required. It's a good-will gesture in lieu of warranty. And yeah! The 590LM is way over-priced. It was originally put on the market at $799 and then increased to $899 in early December. I'm sure their cost of manufacturing is maybe 20% of that? They aren't losing anything with that discount, and if you can get it, it's a good value.

The 590 is a great GPS...not so much at $900.

No return required. It's a good-will gesture in lieu of warranty. And yeah! The 590LM is way over-priced. It was originally put on the market at $799 and then increased to $899 in early December. I'm sure their cost of manufacturing is maybe 20% of that? They aren't losing anything with that discount, and if you can get it, it's a good value.

The 590 is a great GPS...not so much at $900.
So you have no warrentee on it then?

The units that qualified for the warranty are old 2820 Streetpilots. Garmin has an amazing support policy where old units are replaced (at a fee) with refurbished units as long as they are supported. Eventually old models are no longer supported, and Garmin will offer a replacement discount. Choose your product, and Garmin charges you the MSRP minus discount. That can be a good deal on a unit as expensive as the new Zumo. The discounted Zumo 590 is a brand new, factory fresh unit with a full warranty.