Garmin / LG ENV2 Compatibility

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokeFJR06

Reaction score
Hey all, I've been calling Garmin and my wait time is over 30 minutes every time I've called. I only have a cell phone so you know......

Anyhow, I'm just curious if anyone has a Zumo 550 and the new LG ENV2 phone sync'd up for bluetooth?

I get the "BLUETOOTH DEVICE CONNECTED SUCCESSFULLY" notice, then when I press the OK button, another window pops open that says "BLUETOOTH DEVICE DISCONNECTED". In otherwords, I can't get my phone to sync. I've updated the firmware on my Garmin to the latest version 4.3.

Anyone have success with this phone on the Zumo?

There's a separate update for the Bluetooth firmware. Run Garmin's webupdater to find it. My LG phone (the 8700, not the Env2) had the same problem until I updated.

It's still not quite right, though. Unlike my old Motorola phone, the contact list from the LG doesn't load to the zumo. Haven't sorted that out yet.

Some phones' BT won't do anything beyond a headset. My old RAZR would do anything on BT, including letting my PC explore files on the phone. It would be a modem to a PC via BT. It would push pics to the PC via BT. Oh, yeah, it connected to my headset.

My current phone (HTC 6800) connects to the headet. Period. Nuthin' else. And it didn't even do that very well until they released a ROM upgrade in April.

My son has an HTC Touch and one of the Tomtom models. The tomtom won't use the phone for anything.

That said, I know nothing about the LG specifically, just saying that maybe it just won't. Find a pal with a Motorola and see how his phone works, then compare.

There's a separate update for the Bluetooth firmware. Run Garmin's webupdater to find it. My LG phone (the 8700, not the Env2) had the same problem until I updated.
It's still not quite right, though. Unlike my old Motorola phone, the contact list from the LG doesn't load to the zumo. Haven't sorted that out yet.
Yes, I saw the Bluetooth portion of the update when I downloaded it through the webupdater. I was certain that was the fix but it didn't change anything. I'm thinking it's something simple but can't put my finger on it.

Some phones' BT won't do anything beyond a headset. My old RAZR would do anything on BT, including letting my PC explore files on the phone. It would be a modem to a PC via BT. It would push pics to the PC via BT. Oh, yeah, it connected to my headset.
My current phone (HTC 6800) connects to the headet. Period. Nuthin' else. And it didn't even do that very well until they released a ROM upgrade in April.

My son has an HTC Touch and one of the Tomtom models. The tomtom won't use the phone for anything.

That said, I know nothing about the LG specifically, just saying that maybe it just won't. Find a pal with a Motorola and see how his phone works, then compare.
Interesting, I wasn't aware of this. I figured if a phone is bluetooth, it should connect up to anything with a bluetooth connection whether it's a headset or something else. The ENV2 is new so not sure. I'll take my Garmin to work and have one of my buddies connect to it.

Thanks for the tip.

You might try zumoforums.com. Pretty good knowledge base there. In fact, I just found a solution in this thread to my phone book problem. The thread has a procedure for reinstalling the older version of Garmin bluetooth. You might try that since that seems to work better with LG phones.

I did a quick search for env2, by the way, but nothing turned up. Still, someone might have an answer.

You might try zumoforums.com. Pretty good knowledge base there. In fact, I just found a solution in this thread to my phone book problem. The thread has a procedure for reinstalling the older version of Garmin bluetooth. You might try that since that seems to work better with LG phones.
I did a quick search for env2, by the way, but nothing turned up. Still, someone might have an answer.
Squeezer, thanks a ton for the tip. I did the reinstall of version 2.4 on the bluetooth and it works perfect now. Connects right up and works perfectly through my J&M System. Again, a big thank you!

Smoke