Garmin One Time 2011 map upgrade $30.00 at Amazon

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just made a map for my 2730 that goes from ME to FL to AZ to WA and back to PA. Got to WA but it didn't let me go back to PA. I guess I never realized it had limitations.

I was able to upload my map without too much trouble, but I am pretty good with computers. I received this email below from Amazon the morning after I made the purchase. I used my GPS today during a trip to Vegas to pick up my daughter at the airport. It worked perfectly. I also paid a visit to the two CycleGear stores located there and found each with my GPS. I don't understand why anyone would rate this software update with only one star, when it is probably their inability to properly follow instructions to upload the maps into their respective GPS. It takes some time, but it will work fine. The map software is made by Garmin, not Amazon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello from Amazon.com.

Thanks for buying a Garmin Online Map Code from Amazon.com. We recently learned that you may have had trouble redeeming your code, and we're sorry for any inconvenience.

We've worked with Garmin to correct the problem, and your online map code will now work if you return to Garmin.com to redeem it. You can learn more about accessing and redeeming your online map code in our Help pages here:

We hope you enjoy your new GPS map update and thank you for shopping at Amazon.com.

I tried to purchase this upgrade last night from Amazon, but it only tells me something like "enter your e-mail address and Amazon will contact you when this product is available". What's up with that? I am ready with cold, hard cashola!!!!

Here's what it says at Amazon now:

Promotion Has Expired

The promotional price on this item has ended as we've sold out of all the map updates that were offered at this special price due to popular demand.

But I did not snooze! I tried to buy a couple of days ago and it said what I typed above, and now it says too late.

Those Amazon guys must drive Harleys!!!!

My guess would be Garmin put the brakes on the promotion. They probably didn't expect such a huge response in sales. Now they figure people will still continue buying at the higher price. With jobs losses the way they are, ALL companies are hurting in their sales departments. One example is how many motorcycle dealerships are offering such good deals on new "still in the box" bikes that are left-over '08's, & '09's.