Garmin Product Replacement Program

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomInPA

Reaction score
If you've been wanting to replace that old GPS with the latest and greatest, here is an idea that might save you 20% on a replacement. When a product is discontinued and malfunctions, Garmin will offer phone support, and if they cannot resolve your problem you must ask about the product replacement program. The product replacement program is a 20% discount on any replacement product you order directly from Garmin. The product must be registered to you and have a problem technical support cannot solve. You don't have to send in the unit or prove the malfunction. For products that are still supported, Garmin will send a refurbished replacement for the usual fee.

Recently my Streetpilot 2820 experienced a malfunction where the Bluetooth will not enable. Everything else works. I tried a hard reset, reflashing the firmware and Bluetooth driver and finally called Garmin. The upshot is I'll be getting an $800.00 Zumo 590LM for $639.00.

If this is a solution for you, then I hope this will save you some money. Meanwhile, I'll be selling my fully functional (except for BT) Streetpilot 2820 with 2015.10 CNNA maps and an activated Serius XM radio puck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love my new 590 Zumo too!
I think you got "his and hers" on this same discount, right? I saw that post and knew this was my opportunity to get this thing. $800 is just out of the question.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, Garmin gave us the deal on both units even though only one of our old 2730's was giving us issues.