Garmin Quest on '04

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HouFJR

Reaction score
After much procrastination (um, I meant "research") I finally decided on the Touratech solution to mount a Garmin Quest on my FJR. Installation was easy; took about 15 minutes.

On the bike:

151502283_e3a1aff1b9.jpg

Mounting Detail:

151502742_6c69a71e3d.jpg

Rider's perspective:

151506067_f53372add6.jpg

Power cable? I have this same GPS which I like but went with the steering stem mount and a power cable.

It's available, but I didn't install it. I just recharge the Quest at night. I've found that I get a weekend's worth of riding from one charge.

Battery (Quest) is very good, last at least 20 hours. But still, on longer trips, I don't want to carry charger with me, so I'm using power cable.

OEM%20nav%20mount%205.jpg

Nice job on mounting the Quest, HouFJR. I'm planning to buy the Quest II myself and would like to do the same type of mounting. Appreciate info on where and exactly what you purchased to do this and the prices. Looks great. I like the Quest for the same reason you do: doesn't require power connection to the bike and the battery provides a couple of day's usage.

Lee in the Mountains of Northern California

I never ran across the mount you've shown; what's the source?
Those aluminium plates are from Yamaha art.nr 5VS-W0779-00-00 (06) or 5JW-W0779-00-00 (previous models).

I paid 37 EUR for it.

The "plastic" mounting bracket is from Garmin, including power cable and connection to headphones.

As you see, I like orginals ;)

yamaha-fjr1300-06-bikepics-584213.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: