Garmin Zumo 550

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gatorfjr

Reaction score
I may be the first owner of a production Garmin Zumo 550! I ordered from Amazon.com in August and after they pushed delivery till January this week, I started looking elsewhere. As luck would have it, GPSnow.com emailed me on Tuesday that they were getting the first shipment from Garmin so I ordered from them. With the FREE priority overnight Fedex I got the unit Wednesday around 10am. Of course I promptly installed using the head nut replacement I had already and RAM parts provided with the kit. I have to say it's a very nice fit, I've attached a couple of pics. (sorry for the poor quality, shoot more when the sun comes up :) ) I plan to take the Zumo out for a test ride this weekend and will report on the functionality. So far I love it, lotsa features and very simple to use!

602505073405_0_ALB.jpg

https://images.kodakgallery.com/photos2674/...73405_0_ALB.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I may be the first owner of a production Garmin Zumo 550! I ordered from Amazon.com in August and after they pushed delivery till January this week, I started looking elsewhere. As luck would have it, GPSnow.com emailed me on Tuesday that they were getting the first shipment from Garmin so I ordered from them. With the FREE priority overnight Fedex I got the unit Wednesday around 10am. Of course I promptly installed using the head nut replacement I had already and RAM parts provided with the kit. I have to say it's a very nice fit, I've attached a couple of pics. (sorry for the poor quality, shoot more when the sun comes up :) ) I plan to take the Zumo out for a test ride this weekend and will report on the functionality. So far I love it, lotsa features and very simple to use!
602505073405_0_ALB.jpg

https://images.kodakgallery.com/photos2674/...73405_0_ALB.jpg
Dude!! We can't see your pics!!

Yes, please post your pics. I have one on order and am considering the center position mount.

What's It look like?

Copy and paste this. https://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geuq0jbV5FImgB...73405_0_ALB.jpg

Thanks, that looks good. Looks like you can still get to the ignition and all. Please advise how it works for you. Do you plan on installing the XM antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.