Garmin Zumo 550

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey gator,

What's the total on this investment so far? I see $220 for the antenna, how much for the mount, unit and anything else needed? don't worry about adding in monthly XM service.

Of course I promptly installed using the head nut replacement I had already and RAM parts provided with the kit.
Who made the 'head nut" replacement part? And does the 'cradle' come with Zumo? In other words, what other pieces are needed to install the Zumo?.

Thinking about the buying one myself what did you pay for it and where did you get it?

Is it easy to work with gloves on and where did you get the stand for it?

Jeff :clapping:

They're around $770 on ebay...
Please visit one of your local GPS retailers and support your local economy.

Hello everyone, just want to warn everyone that although eBay price is very attractive, it may cost you more in the long run if you do not receive what you have order.

Also, Garmin does not support eBay resellers and here are some of the direct statements from Garmin.

https://www.garmin.com/support/faqs/search.jsp

Q. Does Garmin have any authorized dealers on eBay or any other online auction site?

A. Garmin does not have any authorized dealers that sell new products directly on online auction sites. Any purchases made through online auction sites are on a ?buyer beware? basis. A copy of the original sales receipt is required as the proof of purchase for warranty repairs. Online auction confirmations are not accepted for warranty verification and Garmin will not replace any missing components from any package purchased through an online auction.

Q. Can I legally purchase Garmin MapSource software on eBay or any other online auction site?

A. Yes, Garmin MapSource software may be purchased from online auction websites. However, there are many issues that can arise from purchasing software in this manner of which customers should be aware. Some Garmin MapSource software sold on online auction sites may be pirated copies. Many of Garmin?s MapSource software titles are ?locked? software programs, meaning that they are useless until they are unlocked. If the original purchaser of the software has already used the registration or coupon codes that were provided with the purchase for unlocking the software, Garmin is not obligated to create another unlock code for the second customer. Any additional unlock codes must be purchased from Garmin.

Q. I purchased a unit through an online auction and Garmin has just informed me that the unit is stolen. What can I do?

A. If a unit is purchased through an online auction and that unit is found in our stolen-units database, Garmin is not obligated to release any registration or unlock code information. Also, please be aware that Garmin can request that the stolen unit be returned to Garmin without compensation and report this information to law enforcement authorities.

Don't get taken by an unauthroized dealer!

James

04FJR4ME

I have not been able to interface the Zumo and MapSource to upload tracks or to download routes. How about other users?

OK. Can someone suggest an online store I can buy from ?
(that actualy has one to send to me)

KM
I got mine from GPSnow.com - $999.95 with FREE priority overnight shipping!

I have not been able to interface the Zumo and MapSource to upload tracks or to download routes. How about other users?
I've not been able to get a registration code yet for the City Navigator/POI uploader.

[i got mine from GPSnow.com - $999.95 with FREE priority overnight shipping!

Did that include the XM 'smart' antemma?

I see a few listings for the unit in the 750 range, including the XM I got a price at one site of $993.99

I'm not in hurry for this as I travel little in the winter, but if it looks like there are software problems with the unit, perhaps waiting is not a bad idea here.

KM

[i got mine from GPSnow.com - $999.95 with FREE priority overnight shipping!

Did that include the XM 'smart' antemma?

I see a few listings for the unit in the 750 range, including the XM I got a price at one site of $993.99

I'm not in hurry for this as I travel little in the winter, but if it looks like there are software problems with the unit, perhaps waiting is not a bad idea here.

KM
No, just the Zumo, I should have waited, didn't do my research and spent more than I should have :(

Hey gator,What's the total on this investment so far? I see $220 for the antenna, how much for the mount, unit and anything else needed? don't worry about adding in monthly XM service.
I have a grand in the Zumo (bought too soon, going for $740 now:() the cradle came with it as well as various other RAM mounting components. I think the head nut with RAM ball was around 50 bucks. I just received my StarCom1 Advance communications controller ($360 with shipping and 2 headsets I think)... this definitely is NOT a cheap project!!! But I think it will be worth it for long ride navigation and bike communication/music listening pleasure :) I keep telling myself that anyway.... Also, don't forget that the Zumo can be used in a car as well with the included suction cup bracket with integrated speaker!