Garmin

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In defense of Bill I would like to add; He needs copious amounts of the Crown to enable hisself to function correctly. ;)

Uh Andy, hate to have to break the news to you and I hope Suze isn't reading this, but it WAS NOT his fingers he was touching the screen with; it was his "baloney bat"! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!
...says the man who played Chopsticks with his beef baton on the lobby piano during last year's SW-FOG.

Who always steers these things into the ditch?

tongue.gif
Just wait until this year's SW-FOG, Babycakes! I've been practicing Piano Sonata No. 23 in F minor "Appassionata" by Ludwig Van Beethoven and I'm damn good at it!
GAWD, what a visual that conjures!! I hope the authorities won't be around to witness that, Don (HRZ and Patch clearly don't count). :bigeyedsmiley: :bigeyedsmiley: :bigeyedsmiley:

:unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeez Marie Ray, Bungie could just follow yamafitter around! Then he'd be OK, that's what Seth and I do!
I followed Bill around twice, once on the way to Tofino where he got lost in an empty parking lot (no joke!) and, just a few weeks ago looking for the Bobby Orr Museum/Shrine or whatever. I'll give him this, he was close, we did stop at an arena, but then he promptly scared two ladies walking their dogs trying to ask for directions.

Geez Bill, when somebody runs away from you, don't wave your arms at them and resort to Polish while wearing a ski-doo suit. Hell, I woulda ran too!
Well, as long as we are telling Bill F. stories: He also got lost at a parking lot in Willsboro, New York; the one next to the Municipal Boat Launch. Seth's NY Uncle, Bob Wilkins, gave yamafitter directions over the phone to Bill and the street address of their vacation home.

An hour later we got a phone call, half in Polish and half in English, with yamafitter sputtering that he couldn't find their lakefront home. He had stopped just short of the driveway to their house in the parking lot. I had to walk down to the lot in my swim trunks to guide him, he used my giant beer belly as a homing device!

Uh Andy, hate to have to break the news to you and I hope Suze isn't reading this, but it WAS NOT his fingers he was touching the screen with; it was his "baloney bat"! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!
...says the man who played Chopsticks with his beef baton on the lobby piano during last year's SW-FOG.

Who always steers these things into the ditch?

tongue.gif
Just wait until this year's SW-FOG, Babycakes! I've been practicing Piano Sonata No. 23 in F minor "Appassionata" by Ludwig Van Beethoven and I'm damn good at it!
GAWD, what a visual that conjures!! I hope the authorities won't be around to witness that, Don (HRZ and Patch clearly don't count). :bigeyedsmiley: :bigeyedsmiley: :bigeyedsmiley:

:unsure:
Even better news Rich, Big-Dan is going to accompany me on the Kazoo. Or at least I think that it is a Kazoo?

Kzoo? What the fuk does Kalamazoo Mi have to do with this?

Ya know Carver might be passing this way soon.. Think I'm going to rape his arse and have him transfer me affections to The old **** Cyndi..

I had to walk down to the lot in my swim trunks to guide him, ...
Hopefully you something on in lieu of your swim trunks this time.

... he used my giant beer belly as a homing device!
Oh. I figured he just looked for the buzzards circling overhead, knowing you were near water and all.

I had to walk down to the lot in my swim trunks to guide him, ...
Hopefully you had something on in lieu of your swim trunks this time.

... he used my giant beer belly as a homing device!
Oh. I figured he just looked for the buzzards circling overhead, knowing you were near water and all.
OK Andy, I'm so busted; twas an orange man thong!

And he saw the glint of the Foster's can in my hand!

There is a Tim Horton's a couple of blocks from Bill's house, and he took me there, we followed a very deep rut in the pavement from door to door..... it's the only place I know he absolutely won't get lost!!

This thread reminds me of those arguments ya get into where ya have so much fun arguing, ya forget what the argument was about in the first place...

Gary

darksider #44

The FJR forum is like a box of chocolates: ya never know what yer gonna get.

At the risk of going on topic my 660 has been bullet proof. Well at least crash proof as it and the Touratech Mount are the only thing to survive the total of my 07 BMW LT at 65 MPH. I have never experienced a lockup from it. It has been in rain that would kill most frogs and heat that would fry eggs. Is it the difference between the two models? I have a 2820 full boat setup with XM that is just sitting but works as new and it is about 7 years old or so. I also have a 60 csx that has been bullet proof.

So I am wondering what everyone sees as the issue? I have to say I will try the plastic around the screen to see if there is any dirt there but I do clean it regularly with Plexus and a microfiber cloth.

At the cost of these things they should be bullet proof so I have to wonder why some do not hold up?

At the cost of these things they should be bullet proof so I have to wonder why some do not hold up?
Bejaysus, Aye and Begorah LAF! Are ye daft, Maun? Hibernian Old Michael has been striking his touch screen with his County Donegal Irish Shillelagh!

Very few women can stand up to that kind of olive loaf toothpick abuse, how in the Holy Hell can a simple Garmin touch screen take such punishments!!!

Bejaysus, Aye and Begorah LAF! Are ye daft, Maun? Hibernian Old Michael has been striking his touch screen with his County Donegal Irish Shillelagh!

Very few women can stand up to that kind of olive loaf toothpick abuse, how in the Holy Hell can a simple Garmin touch screen take such punishments!!!
Ay Caramba

You guys are just hopeless and it is not even Friday!

Ay Caramba

Ha, ha! Hopelesss is what we do best, right BikerGeek99?

Ay Caramba

Awww shit! I thought we were just useless. Now we're hopeless to? Hearing this news is like getting hit with a Baloney Bat to the face!

Ay Caramba

Awww shit! I thought we were just useless. Now we're hopeless to? Hearing this news is like getting hit with a Baloney Bat to the face!
HRZ Old Buddy, as your Friend, you may want to consider deleting that statement before RadioHowie and Bustanut joker see it! And, you definitely want to erase it before SkooterG sees this!

Last edited by a moderator: