Gas cap parts - gasket available separately ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Morrow

Reaction score
I was doing a little work on my 2003 FJR gas cap assembly to clear up the venting problem. In the process, I used some carb cleaner to clean out part of the venting system. I didn't realize that there is a rubber gasket in there and it's now pretty much buggered. (It's not the big round gasket that seals against the tank, it's a smaller, thin one buried deep inside - roughly 2" x 3" ) I checked the Ron Ayers web site and their microfiche only shows the complete cap assembly. I'd just like the gasket. I'm hoping that even though the Ayers site doesn't show the gasket that Yamaha does sell it separately. Does anyone know with any certainty if the individual parts are available separately ?

If you want to see the definitive list of parts you can buy from Yamaha, (now includes MSRP prices!) go to https://www.yamaha-motor.com and look at the official Yamaha parts fiche.

(It won't be any different than Ron Ayer's fiche).

If the part you're looking for doesn't have its own item number in the fiche drawing and a seperate line in the parts list, you are pretty much guaranteed that the part you're looking for won't be available from Yamaha by itself, only as part of an assembly. My guess is your cheapest option is going to be buying a complete gas cap assembly from a used bike parts seller on ebay.