Gasket for aftermarket windshields

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HaulinAshe

Reaction score
If I sound like an endorsement ad, well... it's because I have a soft spot for any business that practices quality and customer support, especially with handmade products. I've bragged a lot about CeeBaileys shield quality and how well my screen performs. CB helped confirm my faith in their product and company these past couple weeks.

I've put a LOT of miles on my +4w,+2h, w/flip CB shield on the 2007. 33,000 miles in 11 months to be precise. When I found an abrasion on the underside of the screen where the shield screws to the upper part of the W-frame, I was concerned that the gasket missing from all our aftermarket shields might become a problem.

Cee Bailey could not have responded quicker or in a more positive manner to my concern. All it took was a couple emails with details and few pictures to convince them to manufacture a gasket for aftermarket FJR windshields. They expect to have it listed on their web site next week. I'm told the selling price will be $10 and that all future sales of CB shields for Gen-II FJRs will include the gasket.

I know many on this forum have expressed concern over the missing gasket that's not available from Yamaha. IMO and based on my mileage experience with the Gen-II, the concern is valid and CeeBailey has the cure.

:)

The gasket prevents the flexing of the rubber-mounted threaded nuts from abrading and possibly doing some substantial damage to the underside of the shield. Remember, CeeBailey said it would be about one week before the gasket is listed on their site.

CeeBaileys motorcycle products

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info also have a 07 I also wasn't aware that there were issues as I have the 4+4 flip. :yahoo:

I call them tuesday afternoon about the foam piece and they said they just finished it and mine wold go in the mail that afternoon FREE, should have friday in the mail .

I call them tuesday afternoon about the foam piece and they said they just finished it and mine wold go in the mail that afternoon FREE, should have friday in the mail .

just got off the phone and mine will be shipped free.

Great company