Gave my baby a bath

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred W

1 Wheel Drive
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
It doesn't happen too often, washing my bike that is, so last night, after I washed off the mud from my little adventure tour up Sandwich Notch Road last weekend, I just had to break out the digital camera for some glamor shots.

It amazes me how good this old girl still looks when I take the time to spruce her up a bit.

Yeah, you might say that I have put a couple of farkles on this bike. ;)

2267461200098858932S600x600Q85.jpg

2160553470098858932S600x600Q85.jpg

2755667370098858932S600x600Q85.jpg

2885789260098858932S600x600Q85.jpg

2830334700098858932S600x600Q85.jpg

2890237700098858932S600x600Q85.jpg

2504268780098858932S600x600Q85.jpg

2046471200098858932S600x600Q85.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
damn your quick. Ya i think im going on the autocom plus duo, i might get a great deal for 2 units. I'll be using a simular setup although, i just mounted my heli triple tree so i have a couple of extra ram points.......damn means i got to buy more farkles to fill the voids. LOL

How did you mount those pumpkins to your gender-challenged FJR?
Haha. You caught my latest seasonal farkle. (I used super glue)

What kind of cradle is that holding your GPS Fred?
That is a Ram-mount Garmin 2XXX cradle (part number RAM-HOL-GA9), mounted onto a Techmount stem mount.

(I think I just used up my allotment of the word "mount" for a while ;) )

That is a Ram-mount Garmin 2XXX cradle (part number RAM-HOL-GA9), mounted onto a Techmount stem mount.
Ahhh, never seen one of those before. Have you seen the Garmin motorcylcle mount? And if so, how does it compare to the RAM mount? Does the RAM mount provide for locking the unit into the cradle?

while we are discussing mounts +1 which one for the frms radio?

Aha... that one is a home-brewed affair, much like the ultra high tech MP3 player mount.

For the FRS/GMRS I made a short nylon strap with the standard nylon clicky quick release fasteners to go around the brake reservoir. Under the strap is male velcro stuck to the back of the reservoir. I then took the belt clip that came with the radio and put the female velcro on the back side of it, then ran my strap through the belt clip sideways. That's probably about as clear as mud. I'll try to take some close up pics if you really want to see some.

For the MP3 mount, I took a piece of packing foam and cut a wedge shape piece.

Double sided carpet taped to the lid of the reservoir. Velcroed the MP3 to the wedge.

I caught Jim and Iris "appreciating" my high-tech handiwork on that particular mount at EOM... :eek: :lol: ;)

Ahhh, never seen one of those before. Have you seen the Garmin motorcylcle mount? And if so, how does it compare to the RAM mount? Does the RAM mount provide for locking the unit into the cradle?
Yeah, I saw the Garmin mount and went with this one. Partly because I already had the techmount to put it on.

No, the GPS can't be locked for security with the RAM mount, though you have to know how to release it, and it's a little tricky.

I still think that the guys who say that a clean bike is a gay bike must mean gay in the old sense of the word, i.e., happy.

Bikes need to be cleaned once in a while. Good job!

Ah fer shitsakes! I was feeling ok two or three pics in. But, all that gheyness is really urgin' me towards a good :puke:

Real purdy fred.

:jester:

Fred, Does Darth Vader know you're using his helmet on your tank ? Seriously, nice 05 buddy and looks good clean too! Glad mine cant see the computer from here !

Bobby

Biggest windshield ever!

Gotta wash mine before I put it away for the year... maybe next week >erk<

Strange.... I saw your clean bike, and started feeling vaguely attracted to men...... :

But then I looked at my bike, fresh from the rainstorm today, and was reminded that I need to pick up the latest edition of Playboy. Whew! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, tho... I was looking at this pic below... is it the angle of the photo, or is your right Hella FF50 a bit tweaked? :huh:

2890237700098858932S600x600Q85.jpg

Fred - You transgressed the unwritten law. :eek:

Looks good, great farkles. ;)

That's quite the windshield on that bad boy! What is it, the flap from a C-17? It's HUGE! (TMI)