Gave my baby a bath

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eyes are the first thing to go :lol:
You sure about that? ;)

Fred, wanna come over and clean my bike next? :D

Yes, Ma'am, I most surely do. I'll come polish yer Trumpet any time. ;)

(sorry, these were the best semi-lewd innuendos I could come up with on short notice...)

As for those commenting on that big hunk o' lexan, that is the Rifle touring shield, and I believe it was fully raised in those pics as I had just been cleaning it. I do NOT use that monster until the weather gets frosty. Then it is a god-send.

And to Dale, a prize for having the sharpest eyes. I believe you are correct that the Aux light was tweaked a tad. I tend to leave them a bit on the loose side so I can adjust them as needed for with or without passenger weight. I may have knocked it inward a bit during the "hose n' scrub" ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Blue A-D panel screws? And you expect us to buy this "never washed" bs?

Edit-hell, looks like they're all over!

Eagle eye Rad does indeed note correctly that all the hardware on Fred's FJR is properly color coordinated right down to the oil filter and oil fill cap. I’ll leave it up to Fred to defend explain how this comes to be :lol:

Eagle eye Rad does indeed note correctly that all the hardware on Fred's FJR is properly color coordinated right down to the oil filter and oil fill cap. I’ll leave it up to Fred to defend explain how this comes to be :lol:
That one's easy:

[SIZE=14pt]It wasn't me, I tell ya. I didn't do it!!![/SIZE]

When I bought my bike used, it already had all of that snazzy blue hardware installed all over it.

I even have the photographical evidenciary to prove it. Here's some pictures that I kept from the eBay auction that I bought my bike on.

2868881440098858932S600x600Q85.jpg

2694451340098858932S600x600Q85.jpg

The previous owner must have bought some kind of "dress up" kit with all the blue hardware. Note also the cool blue billet oil fill plug... I shudder to think how much that cost him. But it is pretty different looking and has been a conversation piece.

Well, in the interest if full disclosure, the cool blue filter I did add. :blush2:

Actually it's just a Purolator Pure1 filter, which is a brand that I like to use on all of my vehicles, not just the blue ones. Though you must admit it is a nice match. They are as good or better than the K&N filters (like it came with when I bought it) for about 1/2 the price. ;)

You know, in retrospect, I should have taken some "before" pics of the bike before I washed it last week. I think I'd have earned back a little cred then. It was covered in mud up to about the bottom of the seat. You could barely make out the license plate in the back. I learned that FJRs don't handle Jeep trails all that well... There was no way the bike wasn't getting washed before the long winter with all that gook on there.

The bike looks great Fred but all you had to do was:

Bike Wash
He he... Yeah, their gonna get rich off of Hardley riders.

I'm not sure why they bothered to take so long to design a "stand" to hold the bikes upright. Why not just have the riders stay on the bikes and do it. Get the advantage or washing off some of the road dust on them too. Would have made a better video, IMO.

Seriously though, it would take me almost as long considering all the crap I have to remove before I could run it through the "power washer". And even this latest episode of ghey cleanliness didn't take me an hour. Hose and scrub, dry with the leaf blower... Photo Op!!