Gen 2 front end shake

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexander

Reaction score
Had the Yamaha shop change out the fork seals and replace fork oil. Now the forks shake and wobble if I take my hands off the bars. Would be completely out of control if I didn't grab hold. This is new. The Yamaha shop is going to argue, so would appreciate any insights re what may have happened.

What are you running for tires? If they are Metzlers or any other subpar tire that has a center tread groove that 'waves' back & forth, the handlebars will follow this which will generate handlebar wobble.Switch to a tire that does not have a center wave tread & presto, handlebar wobble is gone.

so would appreciate any insights re what may have happened.
Search on head shake site:fjrforum.com at Google and see the many, Many, MANY times, theories, conjecture, logical lines of thought, utter crap, and occasional answer to this immortal question with so many variable. Many which dance around the issue of what changed between when it shakes now and when it didn't. Whatever that variable is....is probably the reason.

Last edited by a moderator: