Gen 2 FZ1 mirrors

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahchiu

FJR Commander
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Gen2 FZ1 mirrors will work on the FJR, I know guys have been using Gen1 mirrors has anyone used Gen2 FZ1?

Thanks

JIM F FROM SEATTLE, I LOOKED AT FZ1 MIRRORS AT BENT BIKE LAST WEEK AND APPEARED THAT THEY WOULD BOLT RIGHT ON. PULLED THE MIRRORS OFF MY FJR AND MEASURED BOLT SPACING COMPARED TO FZ1 AND WERE IDENTICLE SPACING.

BUT I WOULD TAKE ONE OF MY MIRRORS OFF AND TAKE TO BENT BIKE AND COMPARE.

IIRC, the FZ-1 Gen2 mirrors are a different design than the 1st Gen FZ-1, so the improvement is not the same.

The FZ-1 Gen1 mirrors have a longer stalk and larger mirror head than the 1st Gen FJR.

Even though the newer iteration will fit, they may not get you what you are seeking.

I just put the Gen I FZ1 mirrors on my 08. They fit except for the hat shaped bushings the mirror studs go through. You either have to change them out with shorter bushings or grind them down because they are longer than the Gen I. I ground them down, because I couldn't find shorter ones. I don't know it for a fact, but I've got a feeling the Gen I bushings are shorter and will change out with the Gen II. The only reason I think that is because I put the Gen I FZ1 mirrors on my 04 and the fit perfect and flush with the fairing.

GP

Jim,
Was year was the FZ1 mirror 2001-2005 is Gen1, 2006-2008 is Gen2

Thanks,
I'M NOT SURE BECAUSE BENT BIKE IS NOT VERY GOOD AT LISTING THE DATA ON THEIR PACKAGING, I JUST SEARCHED THRU THEIR LARGE SELECTION AND FOUND WHAT LOOKED CORRECT. WHAT I'M GOING TO DO BECAUSE I LIKE THE LOOKS OF THE STOCK MIRRORS IS MAKE A 1 1/2" SPACER SHAPED TO THE MIRROR MOUNT, RECESS COUPLING NUTS AND STUDS AND REMOUNT MIRRORS TO SET MIRRORS OUT 1 1/2" ON EACH SIDE.

The Gen I FZ1 mirrors are the ones you want. The part #s are as follows;

5LV-26290-00-00

5LV-26280-00-00

This is what I paid a year ago; $34.58ea plus $10 for shipping.

JIM F FROM SEATTLE, I LOOKED AT FZ1 MIRRORS AT BENT BIKE LAST WEEK AND APPEARED THAT THEY WOULD BOLT RIGHT ON. PULLED THE MIRRORS OFF MY FJR AND MEASURED BOLT SPACING COMPARED TO FZ1 AND WERE IDENTICLE SPACING.BUT I WOULD TAKE ONE OF MY MIRRORS OFF AND TAKE TO BENT BIKE AND COMPARE.
Were these actual Yamaha mirrors or the cheaper aftermarket versions? There's been complaints about the cheapies falling apart. I bought the real deals for $38 each plus shipping from www.zanottimotor.com last year.

5LV-26280-00-00 REAR VIEW MIRROR ASSY (LEFT)

5LV-26290-00-00 REAR VIEW MIRROR ASSY (RIGHT)

BTW,
caps_lock.jpg

;)