Gen II Footguards

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill

Reaction score
Does anyone have Yamaha foot guards/shields mounted on their Gen II?

Are they worth it? Any photos? Anybody with the color-matched guards?

Talked with Guru Glen yesterday and they are around $325 per set so I need to know if my feet will be over $325 warmer.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have Yamaha foot guards/shields mounted on their Gen II?
Are they worth it? Any photos? Anybody with the color-matched guards?

Talked with Guru Glen yesterday and they are around $325 per set so I need to know if my feet will be over $325 warmer.

Thanks

Bill, I've not installed them, though I have a set.

Here's my post about the situation - I'm in a Quandry

And they're still in my garage, in the box, quite pretty. My post includes the installation instructions, as well as a number of forum member comments that may help answer your question.

Were I in the eastern climes as you are, I would install these. My knees wouldn't like it, but I'd do it anyway.

Oh yeah - (shameless spam) mine are available for sale - assuming that you like the color.

I've got a set of the footguards that I purchased from Freedom Cycle in Halifax NS two summers ago. They definitely help in keeping some of the road spooge off of your Oxtars but they also increase the amount of heat experienced in the summer. Installation is very easy and straightforward.

DSCF1266-2.jpg

DSCF1269.jpg

Dang Axeman! - those are very nice indeed.

Riding year round in BC, Canada, I think these are a very attractive (and high functional value) farkle.

Can you still access the oil filter on the LHS for quick and easy oil changes?

TIA - David

Access to the oil filter is a little harder but is still very doable. If memory serves me correctly they were $325.00 when the dollar still bought something.

Is it safe to assume that my "Wild Bill" highway pegs would not work with these footguards?? It looks like they cover the same area.

Is it safe to assume that my "Wild Bill" highway pegs would not work with these footguards?? It looks like they cover the same area.
Hi Dusty - Checkout Kaitsdad's post (third one down in this thread) - he talks to that exact topic.... (follow his hyper-link thingie....)

Access to the oil filter is a little harder but is still very doable. If memory serves me correctly they were $325.00 when the dollar still bought something.

Want a set but $325!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cary

Yep. They ain't cheap.

I bought my set from George White Motors Limited in Swindon, Wilts, England. Had them shipped.

Footguards - 119.14 pounds to purchase (no VAT)

Carriage - 45.00 pounds

and let's not forget the fun little CURRENCY EXCHANGE FEE that Mother Mastercard charges - that was around 3% -

Current exchange rate is 2.0637 US to the pound -

So - if I'm doing the math right -

Thats 164.14 pounds = $338.74 plus 3% - $10.64 = $348.90

So - the $325.00 sounds about right, plus shipping.

BTW - mine sold to a fellow forum member about two hours ago. Someone out there (who shall remain anonymous) got a[SIZE=14pt] screaming deal!![/SIZE]

Are these availble in the US..part #? I can't find them listed

Thanks, cary