Gen II Mirror spacers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why not make the extension from the body work...seems much easyer or am I missing something..1"-1.5" should be very easy to do.

Do you know if this mirror replaces the stock mirror glass, or is it adhesive to bond to the face of the existing ones?Don
I sent them an email yesterday asking for confirmation, of what I suspect is the install procedure - the MultiVex mirrors stick on top of the OEM, no response to date.
Yup, the MultiVex mirrors do fit on top of the OE mirrors (double-back tape). I have never had a problem with the tape letting loose. Just use an alcohol wipe before putting over the stock mirror.

I have used them on my previous 2 BMW R1200RT's, and now I have them on the FJR.

On the RT's the OE mirror was recessed a bit more in the mirror housing, so sticking these MultiVex on didn't look too bad.

On the FJR, the stock mirror is pretty much flush with the edge of the mirror housing, so adding on the MultiVex looks a bit funkier.

591443717_mHoYD-L.jpg

All that said, I really like their field of view, they are staying on.

My $.02

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not make the extension from the body work...seems much easyer or am I missing something..1"-1.5" should be very easy to do.
Yes an extension from the bodywork is very easy to make, but it doesn't solve the problem. That was the first thing we tried, and everything we learned is shared in detail in the other thread.

Do you know if this mirror replaces the stock mirror glass, or is it adhesive to bond to the face of the existing ones?Don
I sent them an email yesterday asking for confirmation, of what I suspect is the install procedure - the MultiVex mirrors stick on top of the OEM, no response to date.
Yup, the MultiVex mirrors do fit on top of the OE mirrors (double-back tape). I have never had a problem with the tape letting loose. Just use an alcohol wipe before putting over the stock mirror.

I have used them on my previous 2 BMW R1200RT's, and now I have them on the FJR.

On the RT's the OE mirror was recessed a bit more in the mirror housing, so sticking these MultiVex on didn't look too bad.

On the FJR, the stock mirror is pretty much flush with the edge of the mirror housing, so adding on the MultiVex looks a bit funkier.

All that said, I really like their field of view, they are staying on.

My $.02
Any pics from the rider's eye view?

I would be interested in driver's view pictures as well. I've never had Multivex's, but as I understand it, they gradually curve on the outer half. Great for cars coming up behind/beside you, but not great for straight view behind? At least, that's what the ST guys say.....