Gen II OEM Heated Grip Schematic

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ionbeam

2 FUN
Reaction score
It has been common and reoccurring for people to post questions about the Gen II heated grip connectors. I've posted connector and wire colors several times and other people have too. When HaulinAshe starts advising people about wire and connector colors it's time to do something...

The colors of these wires are not perfect, but close enough to be serviceable. The +12 volts from the headlight relay will only be present when the engine is running, just turning the key on will not power this wire.

GenIIHeatedGripsSchematic.jpg

Admins, I've added key words at the end of this post to help this topic be found when doing a search, if this is not something you want done LMK, I will edit this post and will not do it again in the future. The key words are mostly hidden by color selection, highlighting the post will make the words visible.

blue connector gray connector grey connector black connector heat controller heated grips grip heat controller

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you this helps.

It has been common and reoccurring for people to post questions about the Gen II heated grip connectors. I've posted connector and wire colors several times and other people have too. When HaulinAshe starts advising people about wire and connector colors it's time to do something...
The colors of the wires are not perfect, but close enough to be serviceable. The +12 volts from the headlight relay will only be present when the engine is running, just turning the key on will not power this wire.

GenIIHeatedGripsSchematic.jpg

Admins, I've added key words at the end of this post to help this topic be found when doing a search, if this is not something you want done LMK, I will edit this post and will not do it again in the future. The key words are mostly hidden by color selection, highlighting the post will make the words visible.

blue connector gray connector grey connector black connector heat controller heated grips grip heat controller