Gen III Yamaha mirror mounted handguard photos (2013 FJR)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These mirror handguards are really beautiful!!They looks great in the bike(my opinion)..

I bought them because i aim to install Gen II,III mirrors in to my Gen1 and i will put them on the mirrors..

The Gen II mirrors easy go in in Gen's1 mirror position without any modification..

That i don't know is,if they works good for the cold air in the hands..
rolleyes.gif

When you will put them on,please write to us your impressions...

My thread a long time ago about these handguards:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/146931-knuckle-visor-set-fjroem-wind-deflectors/

A Gen II mirrors in a Gen 1 bike..:

421985_268364923242473_100002069039240_643347_1428727362_n_zps627a502e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
For your winter cabin fever amusement: While waiting for March to get back on 2 wheels and test the new mirror handguards, I did some surfing of FJR sites in other languages that I speak and found these pics on a French site:

French police FJR with OEM speakers in the mirror handguards:

i-Jfq2qq8-S.jpg

and apparently this inspired an owner decided to add a small amplifier in the storage box and hooked up the mirror speakers to it along with his ipod for music on the go around town... (my setup is ipod bluetooth streaming to Sena bluetooth headset).

i-CDsxKrz-L.jpg

i-M4tf8wk-L.jpg

The last 2 pictures were posted by a French owner who bought them from Yamaha France and installed them on his bike.. That's why he posted the picture with the part number.. maybe it's not available in Greece.

The last 2 pictures were posted by a French owner who bought them from Yamaha France and installed them on his bike.. That's why he posted the picture with the part number.. maybe it's not available in Greece.
Surely it's not available in Greece,I believe it is only available in France because the French Policeman they drive Fjr's..

Thanks for the info!Could you post the link of this review?

Just looked at the French 2013 catalogue. There is a picture of an FJR & i think you can see wires coming down from the mirrors & disappearing into the vents at the top of the headlights. Unfortuneately the speakers aren't in the catalogue itself.

However they do appear to have a hand guard with holes in. Protection for warmer climes perhaps. Couldn't quite figure that one out.

His Picasa pics are here, and it shows the audio unit he installed in the fairing pocket:
https://picasaweb.google.com/110144211738791827356/NouveauDossier12?authkey=Gv1sRgCIKF59jz07L_ggE#

The French FJR forum thread is here:

https://www.fjrclub.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=11626&forum=22

The speakers are supposed to be only available for "authority" i.e. police bikes, but if you're friendly with your local dealer... after all, they're just speakers!!
I can't really get it what are such speakers good for? I bet their quality is lousy in stop (as could be heard from the video) and while driving on high speeds you even wont hear that through the wind noise. Police probably needs that for their radio while off bike having their burger for lunch.

Speakers on a bike are for sound, not audiophile sound... It's of no use at highway speeds. He installed them to use them in the city..

In that (speaker) space, I plan to install an adjustable convex blind spot mirror I picked up from Harbor Freight for a couple of bucks