Gen Mar and Kisan farkles

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimefjr

Reaction score
Well I put the Gen Mar risers on my '09 and I love them...it is a much better seating position and a pretty easy install...you do have to remove the triple clamp so you can get the stock studs out to replace them with the longer bolts supplied with the risers, my triple clamp came off and went back on very easily...and I am very happy with them...part #Y203 fits the '09's.

I also put the Kisan technologies tailblazer plug in bulbs for the flashing brake lights...they work very nice and definitely back off cars behind you as you come to a stop...or for a quick flash as traffic is slowing down in front of you...and the pathblazers were very easy to install and work great..I have had headlight modulators before and they really get attention and are not a problem if you use them only when you need to get attention, like approaching cross traffic, etc...you can see the drivers looks on their faces telling you that the modulating just got their attention. Now if the rain would stop for a few minutes...I LOVE THIS BIKE and I want to RIDE! : )

I was looking at the Kisan tailblazers also, but cannot decide if adding the flashing hyperlights with the stock tail light set up would be the best way to go or not. I have kept my bike pretty stock for the most part, but I do want to address some safety issues. (increased visability, louder/better horn ...) The GenMar risers seem to be the choice on this board, and I have only read one report where someone had them and then changed back to stock.

I just got back in from a 126 mile ride along our beautiful coast and I feel great with the Gen Mar risers...I am positive I made the right choice there...my seating position with stock seat in the low is perfect for me...I LOVE THIS BIKE...it is Soooooooooooooo nice to enjoy riding again...I could not get used to the BMW R1200RT I had...this bike has such a better engine, feel and handling it isn't funny...its been a long time since I got off a bike after a ride and want to get right back on it and ride again...and the tailblazers work very nice, they really are an important safety item...it does back people off...and I don't know how I used to ride without a headlight modulator...this is my second headlight modulator...and I will never ride without one again...you really can notice that people see you with it...you can actually see them wake up out of their stupor and get a look on their faces that tells you they just noticed you...and then you can precede feeling safe and sure about proceeding past cross traffic...I seriously, after 44 years of riding...will never ride without the pathblazer again...

fjrraiderpescadero-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That coastal picture sure looks beautiful ... I live near the shore of Lake Michigan and there are some pretty nice places to ride except, you only have perfect riding weather for about four months then OK weather for a couple of months ... then crap weather for a couple, and damn near or totally impossable weather for the rest. But, come spring you get the chance to rediscover your bike every year, and that is kind of fun actually. What about your windshield ... are you going to keep that stock? I don't really have much issue with mine, but my wife tells me that her air is pretty turbulant regardless of the position. I was thinking of the V-Stream, but windshields are like choices of oil, and there are many opinions. But, I think I am convinced that the GenMar risers would be a worth while addition. Unfortunately I have not gone on many rides over two hours at a time, but I have noticed my wrists have fatigued, and I get a knot in the back of my neck on occasion. I have tried to address it with changes in my posture and building up some endurance ... as well as as effort to hit the weight room at the gym more often. I guess its about time to start adding some features to this wonderful bike.

I did not mention that yesterday I had no wrist pain at all...and on my 05 fjr my right wrist hurt me all the time...so the angle adjustment and the additional height of the Gen Mar are very effective for me...but I understand everyone is different...I also was planning on going with a Bill Mayer seat...but this stock seat is so much better then in 05 after riding yesterday I am not going to order a seat just yet...and I probably will never be in the saddle for more then three hours at a time anyway...but the 05 seat got my butt hurting to a point where I had to get off the bike in 1hr 10min. And I did order a vstream from ebay last week...I forget the name of the place but can find it if you like...but shipping included it came out to 134.00 and on their site it was 179 plus shipping making it 199.00...I did have a vstream on a piece of you know what BMW and it did work nice, directing the wind around you like their ad shows...so I knew I wanted one on this right away, but I was on the coast riding south into a south wind and the stock shield did not bother me as much as I thought it would...so for me the stock shield is livable but I am sure the vstream will be even better...have a nice day GL4435...it is raining here now...so no riding today...not on a bike this new...I just can't put all that rain, silt and road grime on a new bike...

017-1.jpg

003.jpg

Does anyone know the thread size for the hole at the top of the 12mm bolt for reattaching the "beauty covers" as shown below:

Mine didn't come with any and the thread is a fair bit smaller

genmar_zps7217551c.jpg

THANKS!!!

Not sure, maybe 3 mm. Those screws were the OEM Yamaha ones you're supposed to re-use. You might find a similar button head screw at Ace Hardware.

90111-04006-00"BOLT,HEX. SOCKET BUT"

Latest posts