Gen Mar risers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktrsd

Reaction score
Recently installed the 06 Gen Mar risers, it took about an hour to do. It has eased my wrist pain on extended rides and I don't think I gave up any handling abilities. I would have to give these a thumbs up. You have to remove the triple clamp and remove the wire bracket that holds the cables and wires away from the triple clamp. I will have to put some sort of armor around rub points on some of the cables and wires, but that seems minor in comparison to how much better the bike fit's me now. I have a long torso and short legs, so the added handlebar height has helped plenty. Doug

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got those risers and for the money you can't go wrong they're a difference maker if you've got wrist or hand problems.

I got a russell seat and like it compared to corbins hard saddles.

I installed the Gen Mar risers yesterday and went for a 50 mile ride. Very disappointed to experience the same pain across my shoulder blades and in my wrists. I still felt that there was too much weight on my hands.

Will try the throttle spring tension mod this weekend. Hopefully that will help the hand problem.

FJRdriver wrote:

Will try the throttle spring tension mod this weekend. Hopefully that will help the hand problem
If your throttle effort is high, that should be the first thing any FJR owner should do as it makes such a huge difference. I say "if" because I have tried a number of them at the Daytona 200 and not all had the strong tension. Also not everyone complains about it. This leads me to believe that there may be inconsistancy installing them on the assembly line. A one wrap mistake would be easy to make. Either that or some sadist who is going to show "imperialist dogs" a little payback for Yamamoto. I could not stand mine and at 6'1 225 I have been known to have a "firm grip".

Last edited by a moderator: