General Service Information PDF

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JQL

Reaction score
If it is of any use to anyone, I have created, for my own use, an aide memoire for servicing my 2019 FJR1300AE (European model). All the values have come from the FJR1300 2017 Workshop Manual.

Why the clutch and brake bleed nipple torque values are different, I have no idea. Though, it doesn't really matter as they should be hand tight only.

As an aside, when I use a different Final Drive oil than the one specified by Yamaha, there is a louder transmission whine on my FJR.

I have included it below (A4 size).

Attachments

• Yamaha FJR 1300 Service Information.pdf
    57.2 KB · Views: 1
Nicely done. I will take this and modify for my Gen II (different plugs) and my preferences for lubricants, filters, and (EBC) brake pads.
Great to have all in one place instead of digging through the shop manual for a torque value!
I agree with your comment about oil drain plug torque - I would change that for mine (although I never use a torque wrench for that anyway).

Is the front axel torque and pinch bolt sequence the same for "ES" models as the "A"?
What is the comment about "Rubber O-rings are not essential items" beside Front Brake Pad Bolts?

I believe the pinch bolt sequence is the same for all model years.

The Brake Pad Bolts (not the caliper bolts) have a reusable, rubberised O-ring on the end (Front Brake Bolt Stopper). Sort of to stop them coming undone. They are quite expensive for what they are! According to the UK FJ/FJR Club mechanics, these are not an essential item provided the Pad Bolts are torqued correctly.

If you want the original Word Document to alter, let me know.

Last edited:
I believe the pinch bolt sequence is the same for all model years.

The Brake Pad Bolts (not the caliper bolts) have a reusable, rubberised O-ring on the end (Front Brake Bolt Stopper). Sort of to stop them coming undone. They are quite expensive for what they are! According to the UK FJ/FJR Club mechanics, these are not an essential item provided the Pad Bolts are torqued correctly.

If you want the original Word Document to alter, let me know.
OK, I know what you are talking about - I've never replaced them (or any of the other caliper bits either). As you said - quite expensive for what they are.
I think I can edit in Libre Office...