GenII Mirror Assembly...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vamirr

Reaction score
Like most of you, my right mirror is more for a symmetrical look than adding any actual utility... Needless to say, completely useless on the highway. So I'm fidgeting with it yesterday and I get my little finger behind it. There's a lot of room back there!

The mirror part appears to be connected to the housing with a ball and socket setup.... but... I'm not certain. I pulled on it a little but didn't want to break something. Has anyone actually gotten the mirror off of the housing on these GenII bikes? If it is indeed a ball and socket, my fears of snapping something in two are reduced, at least a little.

My intention is to separate the two and fabricate a lead mold for the back of the mirror. It might not solve the problem completely but it may help.... maybe... hopefully... :(

Haven't torn into a Gen 2 mirror, but there are pictures of a Gen I opened up here. IIRC it was a stack of washer-like things in compression on a threaded rod.