GenMar risers vs. Helibar triple clamp?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The advantage to setting back slightly is there is less forward pressure on wrists and arms, even a slight pull-back on the bars, depending on how straight my back is a any given time. This pull-back does alot to "balance" the arms and wrists. Only my third day with the sargent but the improvement goes beyond the butt.

How do you figure? Sitting back more=more forward lean=more weight on wrists/arms

I feel that my sargent is about 1.5" or so higher than stock, this may be due to firmer foam, but I am unsure, as I have not measured them. One thing is for sure, I feel that I need extra risers now.

Last edited:
I have a Heli Tour Performance top triple clamp for a 06 or newer FJR for sale. After a "incident" I was looking for any relief I could get for a shoulder injury. I had on the FJR the Heli HRT076-1. Some time latter I noticed they had come out with a HRT076-2 which supposedly brought the bars back a little more and a slight change of the grip angle so I bought it. I can tell no difference between the two at all. That's the story, so I have HRT076-1 for sale in the original box with Heli instructions. It's not that hard to put on but it's always easier to have a friend lend a extra set of hands. If you have not gotten your ignition switch swapped out at the dealer yet you might could have them put it on for free or cheap since they will be taking the top triple off and on anyway. Just a thought. New was like $355 with shipping, I'll take $225 and include UPS ground. Is there a dedicated area for classifieds on this list, just joined?

I can send you a pic if you like, [email protected]

Steve Hunt

I just ordered some Helis from my dealer. I've put 700 miles on my FJR with the stock bars, I wanted to see if I really needed the Helis before I bought them. It must be age, because I've owned more aggressive sport bikes in the past, but my neck and back start giving up after 50 miles or so with the stockers on the FJR. Coincidentally I am coming off a 2006 FZ1 and the riding position on it was more upright than the FJR.

As for installing the Helis, as I do not have a drill press, I am having the dealer do it when they do the ignition recall. They said they'd give me a break on labor.

Okay, the Helis are installed. The dealer gave me a great deal, 10% off the price of the Helis and installation was only $36 while they were doing the ignition recall.

I really like the more relaxed feel now. It's more like my former '06 FZ1 was. I have noticed though that the seat now feels like I'm sliding toward the tank. It may be time to look into a Corbin

Okay, the Helis are installed. The dealer gave me a great deal, 10% off the price of the Helis and installation was only $36 while they were doing the ignition recall.
The cool part for the dealer is that they got paid twice for the same work - once by Yamaha for the recall and again by you. There was no extra work involved for them. :blink:

The cool part for the dealer is that they got paid twice for the same work - once by Yamaha for the recall and again by you. There was no extra work involved for them. :blink:
We will just have to agree to disagree, installing the heli is not quite the same as simply putting the stock pieces back on. Snake River Yamaha gave me a great deal, and I am glad I have an excellent well run business like them to deal with. They are top notch.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you think... I just bought a '05 with some GENMARS and they look like the only go "up". The HeliBar solution lloks to go "up" and "back"... Would ya'll agree? I was thinking of selling the one and getting the other...

Thanks

We will just have to agree to disagree, installing the heli is not quite the same as simply putting the stock pieces back on. Snake River Yamaha gave me a great deal, and I am glad I have an excellent well run business like them to deal with. They are top notch.
That's cool. The important part is that you feel they treated you right. A lot of people can't say that about their local dealer.