Gerbing Heated Gloves

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone had any issues with the Gerbing jacket liner where they connect all the wires getting incredible hot? It's only where the connector is that gets so hot that I've gotten actual red marks on my side. I do my best to put as much clothing between me and the connector area to keep from burning. Thought about getting some type of thin heat liner to put between me when the connector but didn't know if it's cause there is an issue with them or just normal.

Has anyone had any issues with the Gerbing jacket liner where they connect all the wires getting incredible hot? It's only where the connector is that gets so hot that I've gotten actual red marks on my side. I do my best to put as much clothing between me and the connector area to keep from burning. Thought about getting some type of thin heat liner to put between me when the connector but didn't know if it's cause there is an issue with them or just normal.
This is not normal.

It sounds like the connector is not making good enough electrical contact. Increased resistance in the connector will cause it to heat up, just like an AC outlet that is similarly faulty.

I would either replace the connector or send the items back to Gerbring for assessment and repair.

My liner is maybe 2-3 years old. The old zipper pull had the fancy colorful gerbing pull. The repaired new zipper is now YKK. Much more durable. They hit their advertised turn around time.