Getting the very best quality out of your Gopro Hero 2.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FWIW, I've been using the suction cup mount that comes with the motorsports pkg camera for about 3-4 years. It's been tested at HIGH speed and had no problem witth sliding or detaching; it holds very strongly. Never had any scratching either.

Hey Guys,

Here's some pics of how I mounted it.. The "V" mount is a rollbar mount with a ball mount on it and for the frame slider I cut a piece of bicycle inner tube and stretched it over the slider to keep the V mount from sliding around, add a hose clamp and your done. You need the ball mount little thingy for the go-pro and and 3" ram mount and your all set.

IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg

The inner tube has been on there for 2 years now and after looking at the pics I think it's time to replace it :rolleyes:

Hey Guys,

Here's some pics of how I mounted it.. The "V" mount is a rollbar mount with a ball mount on it and for the frame slider I cut a piece of bicycle inner tube and stretched it over the slider to keep the V mount from sliding around, add a hose clamp and your done. You need the ball mount little thingy for the go-pro and and 3" ram mount and your all set.

IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg

The inner tube has been on there for 2 years now and after looking at the pics I think it's time to replace it :rolleyes:
Now this is the type of system idea that I have been waiting to see...thank you! Is the V-Mount with roller ball one of the GoPro mounting systems?

By using that type of mount you can get almost any angle you want, add a longer arm and you can get right down on the ground, just be careful on those tight corners or you could be dragging it on the ground :blink:

By using that type of mount you can get almost any angle you want, add a longer arm and you can get right down on the ground, just be careful on those tight corners or you could be dragging it on the ground :blink:
Thanks for the picture and the site for the mount. Do you attend the Americade in Lake George? If so, pm me and i will send you my info so we can hook up or maybe on a ride through Bear Mountain. I ride with two fellow forum members and two other buddies; three have Gen II FJR's and one has a 92 FJ 1200.

Thanks for the picture and the site for the mount. Do you attend the Americade in Lake George? If so, pm me and i will send you my info so we can hook up or maybe on a ride through Bear Mountain. I ride with two fellow forum members and two other buddies; three have Gen II FJR's and one has a 92 FJ 1200.
Sounds good to me.. I'm trying to play out the pros and cons for Americade. I only have enough time off from work to attend either that or the FJR NERDS ride. Both will be awesome for sure now I just need to decide which. Maybe we'll work out a ride up at Harriman SP in the spring sometime.

Sounds good to me.. I'm trying to play out the pros and cons for Americade. I only have enough time off from work to attend either that or the FJR NERDS ride. Both will be awesome for sure now I just need to decide which. Maybe we'll work out a ride up at Harriman SP in the spring sometime.
Well, whatever you decide; I don't know anything about the FJR NERDS ride but I know a ton about Americade (19 years and counting) if you are interested. Keep me in mind for the Harriman SP ride; don't know anything about that ride either!