Give me a HAND!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The stock bars can be moved back @ 10mm so I wonder if that has been done.
Erm....how does one do that on a Gen I? :dntknw:
My bad. I forgot the GENII's were better. ;) :D

As an aside, I moved the bars forward (Sorry lower tech. GENI owners -- you can't) and installed grip puppies; along with more conscious body positioning when riding, these measures resolved the vast majority of my problems with the ergos.

Last edited by a moderator:
My bad. I forgot the GENII's were better oddly different. ;) :D
As an aside, I moved the bars forward (Sorry lower tech. GENI owners -- you can't) and installed grip puppies; along with more conscious body positioning when riding, these measures resolved the vast majority of my problems with the ergos.
Fixed it for you, Michael.

I thought you were of the "portly persuasion". I just prop my belly on the tank and lean against the back of the tank bag to take the pressure off my arms.

I thought you were of the "portly sporty persuasion". I just prop my belly on the tank and lean against the back of the tank bag to take the pressure off my arms.

Fixed it for you Miguelito,

That position is my "parade rest" position -- as well as putting my feet on the passenger pegs I'm almost laid out flat.

I may have a solution to the aching hand problem. To begin with, I have and recommend both a Throttle Rocker (or Cramp Buster) AND a VistaCruise throttle lock.

Yesterday, a friend and I took a 335 mile ride to Bar Harbor, ME and back. During the day my VistaCruise quit working. It needed cleaning and adjusting after 4 years of service.

Using just the Throttle Rocker, my wrist and hand were hurting quite a bit. I noticed that my left hand was fine. It was holding the grip in a straight line with the top of my forearm. My right hand was holding the grip with my hand tilted up considerably in relation to my forearm. I rotated the TR way up so I had to reach way over the grip. With the throttle opened enough to maintain 70 mph, my right hand was now in line with my arm and there was no longer any pain. Keeping my wrist in line seemed to cure this ailment. Maybe it will work for you.

I tried the Cramp Buster and I hated it. Seemed unsafe to me. Too easy to have unintended acceleration if the paddle is positioned high, and if positioned low then your wrists are too bent while riding. Never could find the correct position that was comfortable and seemed safe. Just my 2 cents worth.

I tried the Cramp Buster and I hated it. Seemed unsafe to me. Too easy to have unintended acceleration if the paddle is positioned high, and if positioned low then your wrists are too bent while riding. Never could find the correct position that was comfortable and seemed safe. Just my 2 cents worth.

There was a thread about this, somewhere on the forum a while back, where a rider hard a hard time decelerating for a turn. DH always takes the crampbuster off my bike when he borrows it. I guess a lot depends on the size of your hands. My hands are small enough that I can hold the throttle either to the left or the right, thus avoiding contact with the crampbuster when I don't need it.