Givi 46L Topcase Help

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roger123

Reaction score
I have the Givi top box (46L) and have two issues. The first is that the lid does not stay up, this doesn't happen on my older E50 and it's just driving me nuts with this 46L case, any ideas?

The second is how do you remove the inside elastic straps? I never use them and they just get in the way (I also pulled them out of my other top case but just can't seem to figure this one out).

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the same issue w/ it not staying up. I jus slowly take my hand away from it and it'll stay. but one little knock it'll drop. Something else i did. I kinda lifted up on the whole box. Helped out a lil bit... and the straps.. I cut mine out :)

I have the same issue w/ it not staying up. I jus slowly take my hand away from it and it'll stay. but one little knock it'll drop. Something else i did. I kinda lifted up on the whole box. Helped out a lil bit... and the straps.. I cut mine out :)
I'm getting ready to cut them out as well. May have to pull the trim from the out side to gian access?? On my other Givi top case they were just screwed in with some tiny little screws, easy to pull out!!

I have the E460 on my 2008 and the lid stays up fine. My old E460 stayed up fine too (for 2004 FJR). Looks great too.

If you have the V46 I can't comment.

mine stays up too ??? when all the way opened it leans back toward the other way.. no chance of it closing.

Buck 05 FJR

DLS TX

What kind of rack are you using to mount the V46? I'm thinking that the mounting angle may be the problem. Mine stays open every time with no problem.

Edit: I just realized you said 46L, not V46. I don't know what the 46L is so I guess I can't help.

What kind of rack are you using to mount the V46? I'm thinking that the mounting angle may be the problem. Mine stays open every time with no problem.
2247302-plus1.gif

Givi rack.

V46 here and it's a finger biter.

The lid restraints are plastic and don't ever straighten out completely leading to the dreaded barked knuckles by Givi .

The lid restraints are plastic and don't ever straighten out completely leading to the dreaded barked knuckles by Givi ™.
Sounds like we need to know E460 of V46. I've got an E460 that has the plastic lid retention straps, and it works fine.
Except that one time there was a passenger on the bike who leaned back... then turned around and leaned on the topcase lid to see what the yelling was about.

V46 here and it's a finger biter.
The lid restraints are plastic and don't ever straighten out completely leading to the dreaded barked knuckles by Givi .
Sorry for the confusion, it's a V46 case. Just like the one in Bungie's Avatar. It's a Givi rack, not sure of the model as I bought the bike used. The straps just don't fully stretch out, they look like they have a "memory" that they get when the case is closed. I think pulling the elastic straps out would help as they somewhat get in the way of the black lid straps.

My other Givi topcase (an older E50 model) doesn't do it and this one is driving me nuts!!

I'll snap a few pics tonight.