givi adapter plate

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgrenon

Reaction score
someone help me out. I'm looking for the thread on the Adapter plate to shift the Givi back a few inches. If I am thinking correctly it was on this forum and it was being made by a member. I know, tried the search function....came up empty. Thanks in advance.

thanks guys! I'll drop him a line and see if still still has some....Later! :assasin:

Yeah, that would have been me. Unfortunately, getting more made will be somewhat of a hassle, so I'd like to pass the design off to another fabricator. I would suggest aluminum as well. It'd be lighter, as long is it's strong enough to take the fatigue of a loved one and all those repetitive G forces. I can probably provide a CAD of the new, improved design. As long as it's a well-known forum member it's no charge, but remember me if you make it big ;)

E.H., Sky, Gun, Gerauld, Anyone?

Well, I'm not the fabricator, but if I had some info I could pass it on to my uncle and see if he's interested in making some. Toecutter, do you have any pics, info, etc that you'd be willing to part with for the purposes of me doing a feasibility check w/ my machinist?

I'm not set up for any kind of production so all I can offer is a bit of advice if you want to make your own.

Cut a piece of heavy cardboard slightly larger than the GIVI adaptor plate and lay it on the GIVI rack.

Use a nail or awl and punch holes thru the cardboard and screw into place on the rack.

Now trim the cardboard so the adaptor plate can lay down over it . Find the screws and move the adaptor plate straight back as far as you want. You'll have to trim the cardboard some more at this point (you may even have to start over) because the cardboard has to fit under the GIVI adaptor when it's all done.

With the adaptor plate in place where you want it and using the mounting screw holes in the adaptor plate as guides, punch 4 more holes thru the cardboard.

There's your template.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am interested as well -- I do not have the skills to manufacture my own but would pay someone. Please respond offline to kev @ columbus . rr . com.

Thx.