Givi E470

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khrome

Reaction score
I am looking at the different Givi top cases. I have done a few searches and read many past threads on the subject. I know the V46 (monokey) can be bought with the 07 matching top or at least thats what I read. I now see where they are making the new E470(monolock) that also has the same matching top capability as the V46.

I have the Premier Cycle Acc small rack already, so my question is would I need anything else to mount the E470 to the rack, since it states on the premier website(at least the way i read it) that you don't need the adapter for the monolock cases? Thanks for any help.

khrome

Hmm.. apparently no one has one of these... :huh:
khrome

I'm getting one. My suggestion: contact Duane at PCA; he's been very responsive to questions like this. I do know the Givi trunks have a mounting base, which bolts onto the PCA items. Not sure if it's included with the case, or ordered seperately. Also, if you search "Givi" you'll find a post of someone else's install using the PCA mount.

Jager!

Yes.. Givi cases require a base to attach them sold separately. The E470 has been out for a while. It is advertised by Givi as a case for your scooter. I have a E52 Monokey and I think that it locks in a different way than the Monolock ones. If I remember correctly the Monokey style boxes locking system(I think a quick detach system) was designed to be easier to use than the Monolock ones(E470)..

WW

First thanks for the replies. Second I have searched and read for numerous hours on the Givi's. Yes Wicked I know the Monolock's are designed for scooters and the Monokey's for big bikes so to speak. However my bike is mostly stripped down with just a tank bag 90% of the time and since I have the premier small rack with back rest and also a 30liter tourmaster canvas bag. I do however go on a few trips, but I don't ride back and forth cross country and so I was considering the e470 as well as the v46. It all comes down to price and bang for the buck. Since I already have $500 invested in the rack, backrest and bag which I do enjoy using but I would like the option of a top box also.

Also I had read the Premier site, I thought since I have the small rack I was'nt going to need the mounting plate for a Monolock box, with that in mind if I saved $75 or so on the box and did'nt have to fork out for the adapter plate it might be a considerable alternative. Duane has now told me I still need an adapter so I am confused what the statement means in the description of the racks on their site.

If the box was going to be on the bike all the time I would definitely go with the monokey and or if the look and feel of the monolock is that bad to look cheap or bad on the bike. I still need to buy lots of other stuffs for the bike so just trying to rationalize which is more appropriate in my case I am open for all comments. I have not seen any of them in person so that would probably greatly help but not likely gonna happen. Hopefully Duane can help with pics or something to help me make a decision.

thanks

khrome

Last edited by a moderator: