Givi E52 Question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh

Reaction score
I just realized that the lights on my top case aren't working and after a little investigation, I found the plug on the case to be the culprit. If I move it around, the lights will turn on so I need to see what's going on underneath the little plastic cover. Trouble is, I don't know how to take the thing apart without breaking it... Any experts out there?

topcase.jpg

Thanks,

Josh

Well known "issue" with the Givi light kit. At least you're in among plenty of others.

I just finished prototyping a plug-n-play FJR wiring harness for the Admore LED light kit. Much better solution in case you get tired of the Givi system failing constantly.

Sorry man!

You can pry it apart, it's just two molded pieces, and they'll snap back together.

The issue with mine was that one of the contact pins wouldn't extend on its spring after being retracted. I actually punched the pin out and reamed the plastic channel it goes through (leaving the ledge in place that retains the pin) and all was well. I basically used a jeweler's screwdriver as a chisel on the inside of the tube that carried the contact pin.

Also, the wires can fray were they attach to those pins. It's just a screw on top of the pin, wire is tinned at the end, but breaks off.

The Givi contact button is a workable design which is severely underexecuted.

I thought it might just pry open but wasn't to sure. The wires had actually broke off so I used some wire strippers and reattached them. One of the bulbs on the right side is out. They don't look very easy to replace though... An LED kit would be nice so you could have running lights and brake lights.

Josh

I thought it might just pry open but wasn't to sure. The wires had actually broke off so I used some wire strippers and reattached them. One of the bulbs on the right side is out. They don't look very easy to replace though... An LED kit would be nice so you could have running lights and brake lights.
Josh
Admore will fix you up!

:)

Ask for the special FJR wiring harness. If they can't supply it yet, PM me and I'll work with Admore to make you one myself.

Well known "issue" with the Givi light kit. At least you're in among plenty of others.
I just finished prototyping a plug-n-play FJR wiring harness for the Admore LED light kit. Much better solution in case you get tired of the Givi system failing constantly.

Sorry man!
+1

I went to a Radio Shack male/female plug set.

Like the Thai girl said "Work fine, last you long time."