Givi EasyLock Tank Bag

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pale Rider 07

Reaction score
Anyone used one of these tank bags. They work on the same principal as the Bags-Connection gas cap mounting system. However this is a bit more in my price range. Twisted Throttle sells them for $150 including the FJR specific mounting adapter.

Givi EasyLock T480 Tank Bag

Buddy has one and loves the ease of use. The bag is off the paint although I don't own it, only seen it lightly packed. I would assume it stays off the paint due to the solid base plate on the bag itself. My only concern with this bag, and it's just me being a worrier, is that anything heavy in front or behind the latch may exert pressure forcing a release. My pal swears he has tested this scenario and never had a glitch. Nice touch that he can move it forward/back by adjusting the mounting plate on the bag itself (which I suppose would cure any uneven loading issues.)

I thought about getting one, but I really don't like the look of the tank when you aren't using the bag and for me (on my other rides) that is over half the time. If I find myself doing longer and longer trips on the feejr I will strongly consider this case.

It'd be great if they sold the mounting plate by itself, without the bag. I'd love to put it on a Pelican case, since I do a lot of my riding in the rain and hate rain covers. Having a fully waterproof, easy access case like a Pelican would be awesome to throw stuff into. It's been done before using the SW QuickLock setup, but again, the same issue...they don't sell the mounting plate seperately.

Buddy has one and loves the ease of use. The bag is off the paint although I don't own it, only seen it lightly packed. I would assume it stays off the paint due to the solid base plate on the bag itself. My only concern with this bag, and it's just me being a worrier, is that anything heavy in front or behind the latch may exert pressure forcing a release. My pal swears he has tested this scenario and never had a glitch. Nice touch that he can move it forward/back by adjusting the mounting plate on the bag itself (which I suppose would cure any uneven loading issues.)
I thought about getting one, but I really don't like the look of the tank when you aren't using the bag and for me (on my other rides) that is over half the time. If I find myself doing longer and longer trips on the feejr I will strongly consider this case.

I'd still prefer a Pelican case. Soft bags (besides one model from Wolfman Expendition-line tank bags) have zippers, and no matter what material the bag is made of will leak eventually. Out of 19.5k miles on the DL650, probably 8k miles of those were in the rain. I need wet weather protection.

Added bonus, I can lock the Pelican case for deterance. Can't do that with pretty much all soft bags.

Have you looked at luggage locker? I've got their seat sack which I've had for 3 or 4 years now and it's waterproof. You can get all of their bags made with the lexel material which will make it waterproof and they have the same type of mounting system as the givi does.

https://www.luggagelocker.com/motorcycle-luggage.htm

Anyone used one of these tank bags. They work on the same principal as the Bags-Connection gas cap mounting system. However this is a bit more in my price range. Twisted Throttle sells them for $150 including the FJR specific mounting adapter.
Givi EasyLock T480 Tank Bag

Thanks for the link and the heads-up. This one appeals to me moreso than the Bags Connection units I have seen, though I sure would like to see more emphasis placed on showing the attributes of the bag itself rather than the lock ring. Think I just might pop for one to replace my Cortech mini "strap on" model.

Last edited by a moderator: