Givi helmet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They have some way to close those holes in the roof when it rains? Something that won't involve stopping, removing the helmet, removing the vents and attaching solid covers? While it's raining?

And I would imagine vents that large will be noisy.

Is a detachable chin bar strong enough to take a dive onto? Will it keep my face off the road?

I'll stay with what I got, thanks.

Kinda Fugly, unless you're on a KTM Duke or something, then it would match right up.

Don't think I want a removable chin-bar...

I see your point, but I was thinking structurally more than convenience. You have something in front of your face that's supposed to stay there and protect your face if something throws your face at the road. Both type leave me wondering; I somehow just can't make myself trust a flip-up to stay assembled.

I like the concept. I like the fact that it would work in a hot climate. The part I don't like is the flip down sun visor. I've tried a few and they seem to rattle and don't come down far enough. That would probably be a deal killer for me.

I like the concept. I like the fact that it would work in a hot climate. The part I don't like is the flip down sun visor. I've tried a few and they seem to rattle and don't come down far enough. That would probably be a deal killer for me.

I've got an HJC flip up with the built in visor, and it goes plenty far. No rattle either. I wear glasses and though I have prescription sunglasses, they don't "quite" give me the same clarity as my regular glasses. YMMV

Bob

I see your point, but I was thinking structurally more than convenience. You have something in front of your face that's supposed to stay there and protect your face if something throws your face at the road. Both type leave me wondering; I somehow just can't make myself trust a flip-up to stay assembled.
wfooshee is our resident chinbar tester. :)

I see some good points and some bad. The tradeoff of the inconvenience of the clipped-in chinbar is that the lid doesn't (necessarily) weigh 5 lbs. like the flip-face lids. As a Floridiot, I'd love huge gaping chasms in the lid for airflow, and if it means getting my hair wet I'm perfectly okay with that. Special tools, however, are a first-class ticket to the failboat. Also, in my experience the flip-down tinted sections are very poorly done: they leave too much gap under them so my eyes still adjust to the sun, so the shade basically just blocks what I'm trying to see.

Last edited by a moderator: