givi install

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burt the plumber

Reaction score
I have givi v-46 top case on the way .

Have the yamaha factory mount already in place ,bought the E228 givi plate .I'm sure I can do the install, but if someone has done one, and has any input .Any comments would be welcome,thanks

Haven't done one Burt but it looks like you only need to remove the three tail-section bolts to mount the aluminum base plate and mount dealyo. ;) I see two others to help keep those two happily joined.

You can pretty much do it in your sleep as long as you have a 10mm socket and rachet. It's very quick and easy. Just use a dab of blue locktite on the bolts to help hold them in place.

As promised, here's the photo's of the rear rack from PCA.

Photo0024.jpg
Photo0025.jpg
Photo0022.jpg
Photo0021.jpg
Photo0020.jpg

glad you have a sense of humor Burt. It's valuable around here. Especially on Fridays.

I have the metal rack Givi makes for the FJR. And whatever the plastic mounting plate that goes with it. works like a champ..

glad you have a sense of humor Burt. It's valuable around here. Especially on Fridays.

I have the metal rack Givi makes for the FJR. And whatever the plastic mounting plate that goes with it. works like a champ..
I'm impressed ,you new what lead and oakem is .The only problem I had was getting the lid to close, can't read Italian or spell it either one.