Givi or factory rear luggage? Factory windshield or afermarket?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyingz06

Reaction score
need to have a back rest. I am 6'4" and the standard windshield is too short.

Thanks guys!

Flyingz06 ~ Welcome to the forum. There is a ton of info here to help you customize the bike to your specific needs. The easiest way to find what is hidden here in thousands of threads is to Search with Google.

Both Windshield and Luggage topics are well represented here, with everyone giving their best impression of "What's Best"!

Try using this search string: what it is you want to find site:fjrforum.com

Example might be: top cases site:fjrforum.com

You'll be astounded by the variety of info and opinions here! :huh:

Edited to add: You may want to edit your Member Profile info to show the city or area in which you live, so perhaps local peeps can offer to help you more.

Enjoy your new ride :drinks:

Don

Last edited by a moderator:
Givi. :clapping:

Aftermarket. :yahoo:

Edited to add: You may want to edit your Member Profile info to show the city or area in which you live, so perhaps local peeps can offer to help you more.

Don
Yeah...the best solution for windshield shopping is to find someone local who will let you try theirs. I've done that with local Gen I owners (in fact, I have another lined up when he returns from a trip).

Givi. :clapping:
Aftermarket. :yahoo:

Don
Yeah...the best solution for windshield shopping is to find someone local who will let you try theirs. I've done that with local Gen I owners (in fact, I have another lined up when he returns from a trip).
are the givi's just as easy to remove?

are the givi's just as easy to remove?
I don't know....I've always had a Givi. Turn the key, push the button, voila'. Plus I added a mounting plate to my KLR so the Givi goes from bike-to-bike.

The biggest difference, outside of the shape, is in the space management. The Givi cases (and other aftermarket cases) tend to be more flat and wide so you can fit 2 full-face helmets inside. The OEM is vertically deep and smaller in the length and width, and with the thickness of the double wall, the usable space seems constricted to some owners.

Hi,
I am 6'4 and bought the largest shield that California Scientific makes. Works great at 35 degrees F.

Good luck

Jim
Yes, it does. I loved mine....BUT....it gets hot where I live and I thought I'd melt in temps over 85 degrees.

Other than that, it is the absolute quietest windshield I've ever used on an FJR. Now I have my own combination.

Hi,
I am 6'4 and bought the largest shield that California Scientific makes. Works great at 35 degrees F.

Good luck

Jim
Yes, it does. I loved mine....BUT....it gets hot where I live and I thought I'd melt in temps over 85 degrees.

Other than that, it is the absolute quietest windshield I've ever used on an FJR. Now I have my own combination.

just switch back and forth

Hi,

Good luck

Jim

just switch back and forth
Yew might wanta lookie hear et dis tread.

need to have a back rest. I am 6'4" and the standard windshield is too short.
Thanks guys!
I have tested many different screens my own and my friends bikes, and personally I think MRA's Varioscreen Maxi is the best. It's not very large screen, but you can change its length because there is two different parts in that (and long holes between them). I'm 195cm (is it 6'6" in your "language"? ;) ), and it works very well, also with shorter drivers. If I drive 140km/h (about 90mph) and I snap my fingers, I can hear that inside my Helmet. That is not working if it's winding very hard or I drive near behind some other car, but otherwise OK.
There is a air-hole middle of the screen, and if I stuck it by my hand, noise is coming much more loudy. And also important: it looks very nice!

Some pictures of Varioscreen Maxi:

https://shop.strato.de/epages/61126768.sf/e...heibe_0013-0002

https://www.bikehps.com/acatalog/info_46666.html