GIVI Problems

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lotecredneck

Reaction score
:angry: As a dealer I make certain promises to my customers that I intend to fullfil when a customer does business with me. As of this afternoon I will no longer offer any GIVI products and those customers that have GIVI products on oder with one of my dealerships needs to contact me so I can make other arrangements or refund your money. It seems they will fill an order if placed direct on their website, but the dealers get put on the back burner and fed a line of crap until the product exceeds demand! They stand to make more money by selling direct as they don't have to sell at the dealer price.

I will not support a company that provides a level of customer service that is way below the level expected of mine. I am sorry for the inconvienence.

Best regards,

Tony

those customers that have GIVI products on oder with one of my dealerships needs to contact me so I can make other arrangements or refund your money.
If that's really the case, then bad on Givi. You're customers ordered from you, a retailer of Givi in good faith. Since it's your change of policy to no longer do buisness with Givi, why are you making it the customer's responsibility to get in touch with you for a refund? Seems to me that should be your sales dept.'s job.

those customers that have GIVI products on oder with one of my dealerships needs to contact me so I can make other arrangements or refund your money.
If that's really the case, then bad on Givi. You're customers ordered from you, a retailer of Givi in good faith. Since it's your change of policy to no longer do buisness with Givi, why are you making it the customer's responsibility to get in touch with you for a refund? Seems to me that should be your sales dept.'s job.
We are in the process of doing that now, but we have a considerable number of customers that will simply give me a call and say call me when they come in. This way I can make sure I don't miss someone that frequents the forum and may want another option if they are thinking about a trunk for their bike.

Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds resonable. Are you going to pick up another line of aftermarket luggage? Krauser, etc.?

I understand your frustration, but your only going to push business somewhere else and inconvenience your customers. Fact is People want what they want and don't care if the dealer is affected. If they can't get it there, they'll go somewhere else (Internet). Your in the business to make money. Take what you can get! It's not right, but $$ is $$ no matter how you look at it!

I understand your frustration, but your only going to push business somewhere else and inconvenience your customers. Fact is People want what they want and don't care if the dealer is affected. If they can't get it there, they'll go somewhere else (Internet). Your in the business to make money. Take what you can get! It's not right, but $$ is $$ no matter how you look at it!
The problem is I can't get it! GIVI is selling the internet customers first then and only then if they have any left they will send them to the dealers! I have been waiting since March as have my customers and low and behold they are shipping to customers that have placed their orders directly on the GIVI website. I have been bombarded with calls as to why I can't deliver the ones they ordered, but there are ones being delivered and pictures posted right here on this forum. I am trying to keep from frustrasting my customers by giving them bad information and also offer them a different option if they desire. If they want the GIVI, then I will suggest they order it direct as it seems to be the only way you can get one. This is unfortunate and makes the dealer look bad, but this is the fact of the matter. I would rather send the customer elsewhere than to keep filling them with b.s. which is exactly what I am being fed!

Tony

You know I wasn't going to bother writing this up, but now...

So I was desperately looking for some kind of backrest set up for Americade, no way the wife could ride without it. I called GIVI directly several times (once two days before I left)and was told mid June for the new rack, which was too late. At Americade I am talking to a Connie owner about the FJR and backrest thing and he says "I just saw a guy with an '06 getting his trunk put on". I ended up talking with Twisted Throttle and they confirmed the '06 racks were out, and they had already sold out. Pissed me off enough that I decided to go a different route.

Weird, I never had any problems getting my rack; I called and emailed Givi several times about the '06 rack; when asked how to get one, the guy (Rick, I think his name was) told me to order it through my dealer. My local favorite Triumph dealership was not a Givi dealer, but they signed up and became one so they could order this rack for me (and they didn't even make me put anything down, great dealership). I was on a trip with a group organized by the owner/mechanic of this shop to the Barber museum and then the Dragon on Monday the 5th; when I got home that night I saw one guy here already had his rack. The shop called me the next day to let me know mine was in.

lotec, sounds like you're getting totally hosed.

BTW, you had to pre-order early on this rack to get it. They're doing more production runs now, I'm sure, but the gal at my dealership made sure she signed up early (like at least 6 weeks) for this part, as she knew it was going to sell out.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know I wasn't going to bother writing this up, but now...So I was desperately looking for some kind of backrest set up for Americade, no way the wife could ride without it. I called GIVI directly several times (once two days before I left)and was told mid June for the new rack, which was too late. At Americade I am talking to a Connie owner about the FJR and backrest thing and he says "I just saw a guy with an '06 getting his trunk put on". I ended up talking with Twisted Throttle and they confirmed the '06 racks were out, and they had already sold out. Pissed me off enough that I decided to go a different route.
Strange they had them for sale at Americade, but none for the dealers that placed their orders before they even had a part number! This is what I'm complaining about. I called and was basically told if I didn't like it go somewhere else! That's all I needed to hear.

Tony

You know I wasn't going to bother writing this up, but now...

So I was desperately looking for some kind of backrest set up for Americade, no way the wife could ride without it. I called GIVI directly several times (once two days before I left)and was told mid June for the new rack, which was too late. At Americade I am talking to a Connie owner about the FJR and backrest thing and he says "I just saw a guy with an '06 getting his trunk put on". I ended up talking with Twisted Throttle and they confirmed the '06 racks were out, and they had already sold out. Pissed me off enough that I decided to go a different route.
Strange they had them for sale at Americade, but none for the dealers that placed their orders before they even had a part number! This is what I'm complaining about. I called and was basically told if I didn't like it go somewhere else! That's all I needed to hear.

Tony
I had one mounted on Thursday at Americade, they said it was the last of four they had. I wonder if they allocate a few for each show they attend to appease the masses?

Tony,

You probably already saw this, but Pierre really likes his SHAD topcase, and I think it looks pretty nice compared to the GIVI... he says they cost less than the GIVI... you might see if you could start selling those...

SHAD link

I had Shad SH43 sidecases on my FZ6 and thought they were pretty good. Have an order in for the SH48 and top rack for the 06 feejer - the word I get through my dealer from Shad is that there isn't any plan to produce a Cobalt Blue cover for the box (I've ordered the flat black with the intention of getting it painted), and the rack is back-ordered until end June. :(

I had Shad SH43 sidecases on my FZ6 and thought they were pretty good. Have an order in for the SH48 and top rack for the 06 feejer - the word I get through my dealer from Shad is that there isn't any plan to produce a Cobalt Blue cover for the box (I've ordered the flat black with the intention of getting it painted), and the rack is back-ordered until end June. :(
Dwavey....because the shad is basicly a ripoff of the givi.....check into a givi rack...should fit & there cheap....mine came from cycleworld in Toronto...