GIVI Top Case...V46 or E55?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which if any of the larger topcases will fit a 3XL full faced helmet? I know they say two full faced helmets, but they certainly don't mean 2 3XL helmets.
That's a good question. I suspect it may be a tight fit, if at all, even in the E55. For sure they both would not fit in the V46.

If nobody here has the answer I would suggest contacting the folks at RevZilla https://www.revzilla.com/, or one of the other larger online places that sells a lot of stuff, and ask them what cases would work.

Jon...

PS: I have never purchased anything from RevZilla but I do watch their product videos so I suspect they could answer your question.

I have a v-46, you can get more stuff in one side bag ,if you think the side bag is small the v-46 is smaller
It all depends on the shape of what you are stuffing in there. Key limes? More in the side bag is a distinct possibility. My backpack laptop bag with laptop. It ain't going in my side bags, but it'll squeeze into an E370 so I'm certain it'll drop right into a V46.

I have a v-46, you can get more stuff in one side bag ,if you think the side bag is small the v-46 is smaller
From the Bin 'O Facts:

Sidecases

Capacity (each): 30 liters according to European website references.

29.2 liters +/-1 liter according to Ignacio measurement.

Unless they have come up with different ways to measure capacity, the V-46 should hold 16 more liters than the side bags. I had a E450 on my Cagiva and it definitely had more room than the side bags on the FJR.

How did you get your backrest on your seat to swivel forward?? I have a Corbin backrest on my ST1300 that I would love to try that with. I am also going to use the PCA rack.

IMG_1116.jpg
IMG_1112.jpg
I like the larger Givi Maxia 55 for the FJR. I had a custom backrest made and my wife loves it. The premier cycle base plate moves the box back for comfort.

IMG_1111.jpg
You are the second person to mention the base plate that allows you to move the case back and forth. Does it mount to the GIVI rack or is it all separate on its own? Do you have a part # for it, because I was looking to go with the SR357 GIVI mount bracket.