Givi Topcase lid problem

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Lumberg

Merica
Reaction score
I've got a little over 28k on my Givi E55, purchased new through Revzilla. I recently noticed what appeared to be a lot of shaking of the case during riding. A closer look revealed that the kid won't stay closed all the way. It won't come open, but there is almost half an inch of play in the lid when it's latched. Before, it took two hands to close and it was watertight. Now, it has enough play that it jiggles and is far from watertight. Has anyone encountered this? If so, how did you fix it?

I had issues with my Givi Top Box Lid a year ago, I disassembled the locking mechanism and found it had vibrated loose.

After tightening everything back up I've had no further problems.

Impulse ordered a V47 tech from revzilla. Will do surgery on the E55 one day this week. I'm hoping the V47 is less fugly than the E55. But the space of the E55 is pretty awesome.

Could have gone with the V56 looks great and has the same amount of space as the E55 does.

34ca37a4d7f1a2c5073fdefa4c16f558.jpg

True. But I was looking for something a little smaller for everyday use. Keeping the E55 for when traveling with the wife. The E55 is great. Just pretty bulbous.