Givi Trunk help

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After reading this thread I have a couple questions I hope someone can help me with.

If I order the E52 truck, E250 plate, and the FJR Topbox Rack will have everything I need?

Will I need to get a lock kit also?

Does University Motors or www.ridenowonline.com have the best prices?

Will the Corbin back rest work with the trunk installed? If so, will the trunk open all the way with the corbin back rest installed?

Thank you,

After reading this thread I have a couple questions I hope someone can help me with.
If I order the E52 truck, E250 plate, and the FJR Topbox Rack will have everything I need?

Will I need to get a lock kit also?

Does University Motors or www.ridenowonline.com have the best prices?

Will the Corbin back rest work with the trunk installed? If so, will the trunk open all the way with the corbin back rest installed?

Thank you,

John,

You should have everything you need for installation of the topbox. The E52 box locks to the E250 plate as a stock item so their is no other lock kit I'm aware of. University is the cheapest place to buy your farkles from if they handle what your looking for. I can't help you on the Corbin backrest pad as I have no experience their.

You should have everything you need for installation of the topbox. The E52 box locks to the E250 plate as a stock item so their is no other lock kit I'm aware of. University is the cheapest place to buy your farkles from if they handle what your looking for. I can't help you on the Corbin backrest pad as I have no experience their.
Thank you,

I thought it would already came with the locks, but saw ridenow.com had the lock kit on the same as the truck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I purchased my Givi v46 last year from University Motors. At the time they had the best price and of course good service. May want to double check with a few other vendors but history has shown you can't go wrong with University.

Maybe a GOLDWING and a trailer...
I have a passion for the FJR so I will be with it for some time. I figure the E52 is where we will meet in the middle.

I hope to have her on her own bike next summer and she can carry some of her own stuff. Like many women, not all she is all to concerned with what others think of her. So, she won't go to the safety course. She is worried people will laugh at her.We are getting her a 50cc scooter to commute 2.2 miles daily to work. After she gets comfortable on the scooter she agreed to take the safety course and maybe a bike. I have not told her people will laugh at her on the scooter where a full cortech jacket and Icon Mainframe Manic helmet.

With any luck I won't need a Goldwing with a trailer, I hope.

John T,

I bought all my GIVI V46 and stuff from University also...great price and service. I did get the matching blue for my 05 which is a perfect match, but the black looks real nice also.

I have a Sargent seat with backrest. The backrest will NOT fit with the top box in place. That is using the GIVI mounting rack. The SO likes the Givi trunk as a backrest, without the backrest pad, which I think would push her too far forward. I like your rack choice better and would go that route if I had to do it over.

I also installed a Givi rack for the top cover so now I can pack even more stuff.

John

The E52 trunk is available in blue, givi #E52B508 . I have the OHFJR rack with the E250 kit and it is a great set up. The blue is made to match the Burgman but Goes quite well with the FJR cobalt blue.

University motors had the best price, mention the forum.