Givi V46 Top Case Brake Lights

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gryphon68

Reaction score
You may have seen my other thread in the General Discussion area about being rear ended by a mini-van at a stop light. Although its fairly obvious this guy just straight up wasn't paying attention, I'm thinking it might be worth adding some lighting to the top case for increased visibility. Maybe some type of pulsing/blinking or scanning (in/out or back and forth) and movement and blinking are more likely to get someone's attention than a steady light.

Has anyone added more than just the standard Givi Brake light kit to there V46? Need ideas that will be compatible with ABS and Audiovox cruise control.

Is this a possible LED application?

Sorry, can't help you with your GIVI install, and sorry to hear about your accident.

If you want to maximize your visibility, in addition to upgrading your GIVI, You can get modulated LED lights that go around your license plate at California Sport Touring. The Signal Dynamic stuff is about 2/3 down the page.

California Sport Touring

AND you can get LED HYPER-LITES like many on this forum have installed. These are VERY noticeable.

Here's Bounce's link to his Hyper Lite installation:

Bounce's Hyper-Lite install

And a pic of his install:

fjr-hyper03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Kissan Technologies has a brake light modulator (decaying flash pattern) that is compatible with ABS. I have had one installed, together with a Givi box with light kit, for a couple of years now. So far, no one has hit me. 100% correlation. Causation is anyone's guess. If you order the Kissan make sure you tell them you have ABS otherwise you will get their other module which causes funny things to happen with your ABS system warning light.

Talked to a nice guy at Hyperlites today, sounds like their system is very compatible with ABS systems of all sorts. May go with some combination of Hyperlites once the future of my bike is determined.

Regarding the Givi V-46. I requested a price list from Givi today a received it via email this afternoon.

$137.80 for the mount

$303.20 for the trunk

$52.20 for the stoplight assembly

total $493.20 + ?shipping?dunno.

What other sources are there for the same for le$$?

Sorry to hear about your accident; glad you are in one piece. That is my worst fear on my daily commute of 120 miles (roundtrip)...some A-hole asleep at the wheel rear ends the bike.

Now onto your question. I have the Givi 46 with the light kit. I also added a license plate frame with two rows of LEDs. I connected the Givi light kit and the LEDs to the Backoff modulator and left the original brake lights alone (I figured if anything got screwed up, I would still have the standard brake lights).

I'm happy so far, 32,000 miles and not even a close call.

Moby... you've got 152 posts already... you HAVE to have read enough to know this by now... ;)
Gary McCoy at University Motors!

https://www.umotorsfargo.com

Click "Contact Us" for the number.
OK you got me. But I called them for a couple of items before and they didn't have em. I guess that i will put them back on the list for future farkles.