GIVI V46 top case

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick_W

Reaction score
Looking through a lot of past posts (but by no means all or even most), I came across a link to RL Motorcycles.

Look llike some of the better prices for the Givi stuff.

Also noticed that the R353 paint code for the '07 FJR has been discontinued. :( Really would like it to match.

I need a top case large enough to hold two full-face helmets, a backpack, or a couple of gallons of milk.

My wife saw a Connie with the V46 while at a bookstore and actually called me to say she liked the way it looks! :eek:

I don't think I need the E52 - but if any of y'all have more experience with these I'll be listening.

Looking through a lot of past posts (but by no means all or even most), I came across a link to RL Motorcycles.
Look llike some of the better prices for the Givi stuff.

Also noticed that the R353 paint code for the '07 FJR has been discontinued. :( Really would like it to match.

I need a top case large enough to hold two full-face helmets, a backpack, or a couple of gallons of milk.

My wife saw a Connie with the V46 while at a bookstore and actually called me to say she liked the way it looks! :eek:

I don't think I need the E52 - but if any of y'all have more experience with these I'll be listening.
I've ordered stuff from the guys at RL, they are helpful and ship stuff quickly.

I've been using the E52 for a number of years and really like it, the first one i had was color matched which only led to visible scratches (it is a carry box after all). So for the past couple of years i've been using the plain black unpainted model, and am very happy with it, and it matches any of the bikes i put it on :rolleyes:

I got the E52 color-matched to my '03 because I liked the look of it better than the 46. It's monstrous, and it's usable space.

I think my best load was one of those large laundry detergent bottles, with the built-in spout, some frozen pizza, 3 2-liter soft drinks, and a loaf of bread.

When I ride to work, I'd been keeping my jacket and pants in the top case, helmet and gloves in a side case, but I take the stuff inside now. It's no fun putting on gear at the end of the work day when that gear as been sitting in the sun all day. Nevertheless, it had no trouble taking it in.

+1 on RL Motorcycles, too. Good prices, and great shipping rate! I'm close enough I had all my stuff overnight except for the mount rack, which was drop shipped from Givi direct.

RL currently shows the flat black E52 as out-of-stock.

The only two reds listed are candie apple red and bright red - neither of which would be close to matching the "black cherry". I think clash would be a more appropriate term.

I have the V46, and really like it, but I am not able to get two helmets in there. It will hold the milk, backpack, case of beer, and even a car battery, although the latter two items play some serious havoc with the handling.

I have the color matched lid, and the backrest pad, which gets a Wife Acceptance Factor award, but I'm thinking for the two helmets, the E52 would work better for you.

You've got to check out this site for great GIVI prices. https://www.rentalaska.com/Givi.htm

I shopped around extensively a few years ago when I bought my V46 and this was the best price I found. Give them a shot. Good service, no problems.

PS. I like my V46. No problems, enough room for me. Only complaint: I cannot fit 2 full face helmets in there no matter how hard I try.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would the 46 have any problems holding a large Targus laptop bag stuffed with folders? It fit in the Yamaha bag, but barely.

Would the 46 have any problems holding a large Targus laptop bag stuffed with folders? It fit in the Yamaha bag, but barely.
My Targus laptop bag, holds a 15.4" widescreen laptop, loads of cables, folders etc., and there is still room for test equipment in there.

I'm going to be down near your way on Saturday afternoon Bob, and if the weather holds out, I'll be on the Feej. Might be able to swing by and see if your laptop bag fits in my V46 if that would help.

Pete

Hmm I must have a small head or something, I can put 2 full face helmets in my V46 with no problems. Just took a pic with an HJC Medium, and an Arai Medium in my box. I'll post a pic if anyone is actually interested.

Givi discontinued the color matched lids shortly after I got mine because the Black Cherry color was to hard to match consistantly. Mine is an awesome match tho.

Hmm I must have a small head or something, I can put 2 full face helmets in my V46 with no problems. Just took a pic with an HJC Medium, and an Arai Medium in my box. I'll post a pic if anyone is actually interested.
Givi discontinued the color matched lids shortly after I got mine because the Black Cherry color was to hard to match consistantly. Mine is an awesome match tho.
I'd be interested in pics - especially since I must have a smaller head than you. :D

Both of my Shoei's are smalls.

Once I get mine in I'll be sending a cover off to Garauld for painting to match.

DSC_3609.jpg

Garauld is an excellent choice for getting your lid color matched B)