Givi V46 vs E52

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ponyfool

Reaction score
In looking at the web pages, the E52 comes in Burgman Blue, but the V46 appears to have a more FJR blue. Is that the reason there appear to be more V46's than E52's on the more recent year FJR's?

I had a V46 on my Bandit and loved it, but always wanted the E52. Now that I have the FJR, I'd like to put an E52 on it, but it doesn't appear that the Burgman Blue would match the '06 FJR....or does it?

Hello Ponyfool,

I have heard that the E52 in a Suzuki blue(not sure if it was the vstrom one or not)is a very very close match to your 06 blue. I did read about some other members here that bought that one and it was so very close that they didn't even bother with painting. If you get it and decide to paint... You can't go wrong with Garauld here in the forum. HE painted my E52 to match my 07 and he did a awesome job. I posted a bunch of pics of it on the forum here. Do a search on Givi e52 it should come up. Also, I really like my E52.

Ride safe!

WW :bye:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a v46 (with black lid) cause I already owned it prior to the FJR ;)

I don't have to be color coordinated, I'm not that in touch with my feminine side. :) Hell, the only reason my sox match when the do is cause someone else paired them, and even then they are paired by the size and number of holes, and not color.

...in my sock drawer they always match!

all same brand, same color...'though there never seems to be an even number of them.

In looking at the web pages, the E52 comes in Burgman Blue, but the V46 appears to have a more FJR blue. Is that the reason there appear to be more V46's than E52's on the more recent year FJR's?
I had a V46 on my Bandit and loved it, but always wanted the E52. Now that I have the FJR, I'd like to put an E52 on it, but it doesn't appear that the Burgman Blue would match the '06 FJR....or does it?

when you really need the space, do you thing you'll care?....."I don't think so"....

Latest posts