Givi V46

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silent

Who said FJR's don't do dirt?
Reaction score
I just picked up a V46 down at Road Riders. I picked it up for a fair price, with instant gratification :p

Feel free to drool, but please wipe up after yourselves :lol:

givi.jpg

I just picked up a V46 down at Road Riders. I picked it up for a fair price, with instant gratification :p
Feel free to drool, but please wipe up after yourselves :lol:

givi.jpg

Silent: That stripping on you FJR is that from Premier Cycling Accessories?

The stripes look good kinda Eurepean maybe...

weekend rider

Yup yup! they went on fairly smooth too. they look straight from other angles. One thing I've noticed tho, the tank decals are staring to chip from my 'stitch hitting them. I'm going to cut some clear tank protector film to cover them, that and protect the tank.

Ahhh, a shameless plug for an item I was considering adding at a later date :p

Will those work with a Back Off modulator?

Ahhh, a shameless plug for an item I was considering adding at a later date :p
Will those work with a Back Off modulator?

Totally shamless.

I see no reason why they wouldn't, but I haven't actually tested them with it. All the modulator does is pulse the power going to the lights, so they should work fine. If for any reason they didn't I would take them back, no questions asked, for a full refund, including shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this a Givi kit or a kit you made up? I saw on your image site a total cost of $107.

Do you have the link to purchase this kit?

Thanks

Never mind...Found It

Thanks again.

Oh, nice pics/write up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this a Givi kit or a kit you made up? I saw on your image site a total cost of $107.
Do you have the link to purchase this kit?

Thanks

Never mind...Found It

Thanks again.

Oh, nice pics/write up.
That Givi light kit you put a link up to is NOT the same. This LED kit that I make is not only brighter, but uses less watts and also is both a brake AND tail light (the Givi light can only do one or the other, but not both). The Givi kit uses incandescent bulbs that will burn out and are not very bright. My LED kit is brighter, and they will last many times longer. I also use a higher quality connector, the Givi connectors have proven to be problematic.

All the problems with the Givi kit are the reason I made the LED kit. I originally just made one for myself and it came out so good, that I have started making them for other folks.

I have a complete photo gallery of it here:

https://www.pbase.com/fredharmon/givibrakelites

Send me a PM with your email address in it if you are interested.

I bought the light kit from Givi. I did not like it and was very happyto by one of Fred's kits. It is way better than the Givi kit. Worth every bit of the price. :clapping:

I bought the light kit from Givi. I did not like it and was very happyto by one of Fred's kits. It is way better than the Givi kit. Worth every bit of the price. :clapping:
I fully intend to get one of Fred's kits at a later date. Currently I'm saving for a 10 day trip to Calgary and points inbetween. B)

I have the givi light kit, which was worth it to me ONLY for the contact plates (they're awesome). I got the light kit from admorelighting, and it works fine. I got the kit before I saw that Fred made the kit he makes.