Glad I've already done the Gap

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keithaba

Reaction score
tailofthedragon.com

I would have been arrested for my speed. Supposedly Shadey Valley is next....

I'm just happy I've been there before this mess. I wonder if it will die down after a while, or if they will keep the presence for time to come.

I can tell you from personal experience that they have already been patrolling 421 heavier as well. Just go on over into north carolina, or PM me for suggestions on other great roads in the area where I've never even seen a patrol car.

Ahh, that area jumped the shark years ago anyway.....maybe if they run off enough people it will be enjoyable again if you go after 6:30 am.

The Deals Gap crackdown is just a small part of a Nationwide initiative on our driving habits.

For more details go to the NHTSA website where it is outlined in more detail, including specific instructions and support for state legislators, judges and Leos.

I was amazed to see listed specific strategies, which have resulted in many motorcyclist getting the tickets which have surprised many.

One of the most surprising is advice to the states to make agressive driving a FELONY, and increase the penalties.

Read and beware.

What a wonderful opportunity to make a killing by opening up a donut and latte stand..

...signed, thinking like Skyway..

:rolleyes:

links, got any links?

or is it my turn to get dog piles for not using the forum search feature...

The Deals Gap crackdown is just a small part of a Nationwide initiative on our driving habits.For more details go to the NHTSA website where it is outlined in more detail, including specific instructions and support for state legislators, judges and Leos.

I was amazed to see listed specific strategies, which have resulted in many motorcyclist getting the tickets which have surprised many.

One of the most surprising is advice to the states to make agressive driving a FELONY, and increase the penalties.

Read and beware.

What a wonderful opportunity to make a killing by opening up a donut and latte stand.....signed, thinking like Skyway..

They don't ticket or arrest here in Cali anymore. They simply bring in the bulldozers and straighten the roads out. At least they caution you to stop for the work with a nicely matched pair of silicone juggies.

Well you all can come to West Virginia. The roads are just as good and no one cares... pretty much we is too poor to afford cops an theyz too lazy to chase you anyhoo :)

Last edited by a moderator:
What a wonderful opportunity to make a killing by opening up a donut and latte stand.....signed, thinking like Skyway..

They don't ticket or arrest here in Cali anymore. They simply bring in the bulldozers and straighten the roads out. At least they caution you to stop for the work with a nicely matched pair of silicone juggies.
TWN, if you believe this, you should have been at the Rock Store this past Sunday.

They had at least 15 officers in and around there. They even had a CHP Command Post motorhome set up on Mulholland Dr just south of Kanan Dune RD.

:assassin: :assassin: :assassin:

We are bringing this on ourself's, People seem to think they can ride at 10/10ths all the time, passing on double yellows, blowing by cages a little harder than necessary. Doesn't take too many phone calls and all of a sudden we have a National Emergency. Out come the LEO's and the tickets.

It's a lot less risk to a Politician to have a crack down on the Big Bad Bikers, rather than picking on Susy Soccermom or Brain dead Dad driving in to work everyday.

Ahh yes, let' just get to the boobies!
113-Hottieflaggirl.jpg

This problem is in good part the fault of the large number of riders who ride far beyond their abilities at the dragon. Too many people crashing there, and that is what brings the negative attention to our sport. That said, if Tennessee doesn't want us spending our vacation dollars in their state, there are plenty of other places to ride.