Glove Help Required!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Need your help guys! :clapping:
My summer bike gloves have split and I need to replace them, however I only have small hands (tiny person......5'1") and most gloves that I try have fairly long fingers to them. :(

A long shot I know, but does anyone know of a make of bike glove that has a short finger length?

Thanks in advance :)

My wife is about your height and she purchased Joe Rocket Ladies Phoenix 3.0 gloves for summer riding. She is quite happy with them and they are great for summer riding. She bought them from Newenough.com

YMMV

I'm a woman & have been riding for a little over 8 years. I have yet to find a pair of gloves that actually fit all fingers lengthwise. I normally get men's gloves, where three of the fingers fit (thumb, pointer & middle) & usually have to deal w/ 2 fingers too long. I have heard the deal about having a shoemaker shorten fingers. Ths sounds very good & I'll probably try this.

In case you're wondering why I usually wear men's gloves... my palm is just big enough not to fit women's gloves well unless they are sized a little large in the palm. It seems not many places that carry women's gloves, have them in XL or larger. (It's a real crapshoot if they aren't local & I can't try them on) It's just easier to buy men's gloves.

Good luck in your quest. Please do post up if you find something nice, Heidi

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Four Fingers, I mean Axeman. I have the Lee Parks summer deerskin gloves and they are without doubt the best gloves I've ever owned. They fit well, are soft, flexible, and don't become stiff after you sweat in 'em for a while. Pricy, about $80 I think, but in my humble opinion well worth it. Lorie has a pair and feels likewise - they do come in women's sizes.

I tried the Lee Parks gloves at the DC Cycle Show last year. The smalls were too small & the next size up, all the fingers were outrageously long. The smalls... which didn't fit my palm, were good for finger length.

If they made a gauntlet glove that fit all around well, I would've bought them. Too bad... the gloves were of great quality.

Waiting for the too small size to stretch is just out of the question. I do a lot of fairly long distance type rides. My hands would constantly be falling asleep while the smalls were breaking in. Uhhh, not happening today.

My summer bike gloves have split and I need to replace them, however I only have small hands (tiny person......5'1") and most gloves that I try have fairly long fingers to them. :(

A long shot I know, but does anyone know of a make of bike glove that has a short finger length?

My wife is about your height and she purchased Joe Rocket Ladies Phoenix 3.0 gloves for summer riding. She is quite happy with them and they are great for summer riding. She bought them from Newenough.com

YMMV
Hi All,

After much deliberation.........have finally ordered a pair of gloves as recommended above :) Just need to wait for them to arrive in the UK from the USA :rolleyes: Many thanks once again to all of you who offered help and advice :yahoo: :yahoo:

Now, what I’m really interested in is if you are the driver of an FJR. If you are 5'1” and the driver – how you do that? There are other inseam challenged riders who are around 5'4” that are unable to manage the height and weight of Feejer.
We little people just have to think tall thoughts whenever the bike comes to a complete stop.

I have short fingers (as well as short arms and short legs). My fave gloves are made by Held, because they fit better than any others.

Jill

Bikerbabe, I just took a pair of gloves to a seamstress in order to have the last 2 fingers on each glove shortened. I've been told that since there are 4 seams in each fingertip, the excess leather will be lopped off & sewn straight across. The person that I brought them to has never done this before. I'll let you know how it turns out, Heidi

Gloves finally arrived from the States today.................A PERFECT FIT.................thank you once again for your help. Received excellent service :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

YMMV

My wife is about your size abd also has a problem finding gloves that fit. She found a pair of Cor-Tech gloves that fit her hands really well and best of all, they match her riding jacket.

According to my wife, FirstGear women's gloves have the shortest finger lengths. She can't wear them for this very reason.