Go Pro HD

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big-D

Reaction score
I was at Costco in Vegas this past weekend and saw a package of two (2) Go Pro HD video cameras with a bunch of mounting pieces for $198. I would have bought a set, but I was not prepared with cash and Costco will not take (my) credit cards and had left my check book at home.

I am assuming this would be a good deal! But I am not sure!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was at Costco in Vegas this past weekend and saw a package of two (2) Go Pro HD video cameras with a bunch of mounting pieces for $198. I would have bought a set, but I was not prepared with cash and Costco will not take (my) credit cards and had left my check book at home.
Which Vegas Costco?

Which Vegas Costco?
Given that they sell for about $230 a piece, I'd think that's an excellent deal.

Actually, the Costco that had them was in Henderson right off of the 95 & Sunset. I called them today and they are sold out. However, they did tell me that the Costco in Sumerlin still has 42 units for sale for $99.

I called a few stores in the Phoenix area and there are a few Costco stores that still have them in stock. These little cameras are apparently selling like hot cakes.

if anyone sees these for these prices, pick one up for me and i'll send you the cash and shipping costs to get it too me!

Seriously!!!!

Edit: belay this request... goin another route!

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, the Costco that had them was in Henderson right off of the 95 & Sunset. I called them today and they are sold out. However, they did tell me that the Costco in Sumerlin still has 42 units for sale for $99.
I called a few stores in the Phoenix area and there are a few Costco stores that still have them in stock. These little cameras are apparently selling like hot cakes.
My brother just got back from the Summerlin Costco. These are NOT the HD version.

Whilst the GoPro is small, it has a number of cons when used for taking videos of your rides, this especially applies to the GoPro Wide. Also the battery life is quite short and all the models other than the HD version only support up to 2GB SD cards. IMHO the GoPro is probably best suited for still, time-lapse photos.

If you are in the market for a good camera, with lots of innovative features and a really competitive price take a look at the 2010 Tachyon XC and Tachyon XC Micro cameras. These cams have pretty much any feature you can think of, support up to 32GB SD cards, the Tachyon XC even offers an external power supply and a remote control

If you are in the market for a good camera, with lots of innovative features and a really competitive price take a look at the 2010 Tachyon XC and Tachyon XC Micro cameras. These cams have pretty much any feature you can think of, support up to 32GB SD cards, the Tachyon XC even offers an external power supply and a remote control
OK, I like what I see and at that price I'll play tester guy. :D

OK, I like what I see and at that price I'll play tester guy. :D
I actually bought the 2010 XC just before my move so unfortunately have not had the opportunity to test it since it's still somewhere in a shipping container in the middle of the ocean :(

Having tried the GoPro Wide and a small camcorder in the past, i wanted to make sure i didn't have the PITA of swapping batteries all the time, so i also got the external power adapter, this way the XC can be on ALL the time just waiting for me to hit the REC on the remote whenever there is anything good to record.

If you plan on mounting the XC in an "exposed" location, say in front of the screen or off the side, it is a good idea to protect the lens from road debris and such. So if you're ordering the XC ask them to include a free if i remember correctly plastic lens cover, they call it Paintball / Airsoft Armor.

PBA-B.jpg