Go slow while the snow goes.........

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul II

Reaction score
Thought I'd try and learn how to post a few pics, and a few words as well. Feeling great as yesterday was the first ride of the season after another long riding siesta. Most of the snow is gone here in Southern Ontario but the roads still resemble beaches piled high with sand and salt. The mantra therefore for the ride was "brake soon and brake straight."

It was a balmy 1C in the bright sun. Never felt so good. Since it was -7C in the garage prior to the ride a quick preheat of the bike with the wifes hairdryer was in order. ;)

IMG_1369.JPG

IMG_1372.JPG

IMG_1375.JPG

IMG_1377.JPG

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Its been about 10C (50F) for the last couple of days up north of you in Sudbury. Lots of guys have got their bikes out. Mine is still in storage although I'm really tempted to get it out and move it over to my buddies heated garage to start the spring maintainance. Roads are -covered- in sand and salt. I know we still have more weather coming until at least mid-April. It'd really suck to get it out only to have put it away for another month.

LOL, what have you been doing? There is only 6000kms on that 06, you need to ride more.

That 06 has a few more klicks than that odo shows. :rolleyes: I had the whole instrument cluster replaced last September just before EOM. The previous one gave the mileage error and the KPH needle stopped sweeping the face upon startup.

Paul

I say way to go!

You oculd roll a salamader into the garage to help pre-heat...ah,... everythng in there prior to rides. :D

I'm always amazed that Canadian bikes show only KPH on the lcocks whereas the American version shsow both MPH and KPH on their clocks. Speaking as a Canadian, I find this interesting since it's Canada with the two freakin' official languages...LOL I know, I know, numbers are the same, but still...

*waves to NSRider* (We just moved from Haliburton Hills subdivision to Seattle in June 2009. :) Long road trip and we're still missing the coffee at the Java Factory down by the Creidt Union... :(

We have those same kind of temps in Central California - in blast freezers!

That is completely insane. Now I know why the relatives moved from Sweden (and Minnesota) to CA all those years ago.

Probably pretty hard to fly fish too this time of year I guess.

You guys can keep your crummy gold medal - I'll take my 64 degree Sunday afternoon working (slaving) in the yard.

Nice pics by the way.

Stay warm and keep the rubber on the tarmac.

biknflyfisher

*waves to NSRider* (We just moved from Haliburton Hills subdivision to Seattle in June 2009. :) Long road trip and we're still missing the coffee at the Java Factory down by the Creidt Union... :(
Actually, we were in WA in June on our way to CFR. We took the long way, via VA,TN KY ect.

Actually, we were in WA in June on our way to CFR. We took the long way, via VA,TN KY ect.
So I see a trend developing from Halifax to Seattle - a regular rut in the road being developed. :)

I'm back up there in July/August, so coffee on me if you're around. :)

duane

Weather has been beautiful here these last couple days. Highs of 6 or 7 C and sunny. I actually played hooky from work today and took my forks to the suspension shop and took care of a couple other maintenance items.

:thumbsupsmileyanim:
Its been about 10C (50F) for the last couple of days up north of you in Sudbury. Lots of guys have got their bikes out. Mine is still in storage although I'm really tempted to get it out and move it over to my buddies heated garage to start the spring maintainance. Roads are -covered- in sand and salt. I know we still have more weather coming until at least mid-April. It'd really suck to get it out only to have put it away for another month.

10C in Sudbury the last few days? I didn't think it got that warm there in the summer........ ;)

Actually riding in these temps isn't that bad. With the warm'n safe heated gloves and liner I find it pretty decent. 20C (68F) is about perfect for me. I found the temps at EOM pretty warm and that was at about 30-32C (86F) if I remember correctly. I can't believe the temps that some guys ride in during the summer in the South. Kudos to them.....

And yes, Biknflyfisher, that "crummy" gold medal will stay right where it belongs............ I came closer to having a coronary during those Olympics then I thought possible. :yahoo:

There a lots of bikes on the roads up here as well. I think its time for the 225 to come out and I like to get the FJR out in mid April. The weather is changing fast and I hope we wont pay for this quick melt down later on.

There a lots of bikes on the roads up here as well. I think its time for the 225 to come out and I like to get the FJR out in mid April. The weather is changing fast and I hope we wont pay for this quick melt down later on.
Seems to me the same thing happened a few years ago. It was in the high teens for most of April and then it rained every damn day from May till mid July. Hope our lack of snow doesn't equal a busy season for you come fire season. I'm really looking forward to riding out to CFR with you.

I've been doing my early season checks on the bike. Had the clutch out and re-installed.Oil changed. Tires checked(maybe time to look at the Darkside?). All fluid checked or replaced. I think it's ready. Bring on the summer!!

I've been doing my early season checks on the bike. Had the clutch out and re-installed.Oil changed. Tires checked(maybe time to look at the Darkside?). All fluid checked or replaced. I think it's ready. Bring on the summer!!
Have you gone through all those gravel roostin' race tires already?

I've got a pretty long list of stuff I need to check/do. I'm still debating if I'm gonna re-install the Dunlops I took off and have to deal with another tire change mid season or just order up another set of PR2's.I just have to get the bike over to Bob's garage, problem is where its stored right now I can't get at it during the day.

Thought I'd try and learn how to post a few pics, and a few words as well. Feeling great as yesterday was the first ride of the season after another long riding siesta. Most of the snow is gone here in Southern Ontario but the roads still resemble beaches piled high with sand and salt. The mantra therefore for the ride was "brake soon and brake straight."
It was a balmy 1C in the bright sun. Never felt so good. Since it was -7C in the garage prior to the ride a quick preheat of the bike with the wifes hairdryer was in order. ;)

IMG_1372.JPG

I see that the Ontario model only shows kph, like the German model. The USA and UK ones have both mph and kph on the dial. I wonder the rationale, as it was a bit of hassle to register my German model in the UK. I ended up making a little add-on circle to tape on the middle of the dial for mph, and submitted the papers hoping they wouldn't ask to see it... whew! They didn't ask, and now I have that ugly orange-yellow UK license plate where the nice standard German one used to be.

Last edited by a moderator: