Going Down (Under)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for your kinds words everyone! Australia was great, I just wish we had a few more years to devote to exploring it fully.

But, they tell me there are planes flying there every day, and I'm always up for a little time travel now and then, so, who knows, we might just return one of these days.

And, I hear there are some other islands off the coasts... New.. New... New Something or other...

The only topless pictures I have are of Dan, (long story) and I'm sure he wouldn't appreciate them getting out. You'll either have to take my word for it, or go find out for yourself!

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
From the photos of Sydney harbour, Dan must live in Mosman (or possibly Cremorne).

As an Aussie who has now lived in the US for 4 years, your terrific photos bring back some great memories. Thanks for sharing.

LAroo. (LA Kangaroo)

Frenchy what a great report and the pics were fantastic. You had it all. Great friends, great roads, great scenery and two lovely ladies. I can see how you had a wonderful ride and just wish I could do the same. Perhaps someday I will. It is always nice to have someone who knows the lay of the land and can take you to the best roads.

From the photos of Sydney harbour, Dan must live in Mosman (or possibly Cremorne).
As an Aussie who has now lived in the US for 4 years, your terrific photos bring back some great memories. Thanks for sharing.

LAroo. (LA Kangaroo)
Mosman, in a fantastic place by the harbor. Some people have all the luck, others have no fear of debt!

Welcome to the US of A. If you're ever near the Kingdom of RI, drop me a note!

Great stuff Frenchy! But ya shoulda kept going west at Orbost there you would have found a place called Bairnsdale where I live, there you would have found free lodgings, food, beer etc.... Looks like you had a fantastic time. And I could of shown you some real riding roads (New South has some but we have the pick!)

I loved the rabbitpig! boulders on stumpy legs...can rip the diff out of a truck!

Cheers mate

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still learning about Australia! Evidently there are more forum members in Rhodestralia than there are anywhere else.

And, Victoria is the place we must return to, to let them all put us up and show us what real roads are all about.

Great stuff Frenchy! But ya shoulda kept going west at Orbost there you would have found a place called Bairnsdale where I live, there you would have found free lodgings, food, beer etc.... Looks like you had a fantastic time. And I could of shown you some real riding roads (New South has some but we have the pick!)
I loved the rabbitpig! boulders on stumpy legs...can rip the diff out of a truck!

Cheers mate