Gonna' do my first...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvtoride

My Indian name is "Pants On Fire"
Reaction score
Next weekend I shall enter virgin territory & enter my two tone "SILVER" '04 in a bike show. The show is run by divacustoms.com & is a "female owned only" show. You even have to prove ownership.

I expect a large amount of Harleys... but realistically... IMAGINE THAT! Gottta' have a few (dozen) of them dime a dozen bikes, right?

I'm entering my bike in the "Touring" division. I'm hoping to, at the very least, make a good show. I've started doing little stuff like doing the saddlebags in "Back To Black" & a bit o' wax just to spiff her up. Uhhh, you think that they'll notice the scuffed up bag??? Hahahaha!

Anyway, wish me luck please.

Heidi

Hope it goes well Heidi.. Let us have an update after the show :D

Good luck on the show! Just gotta love being different in the entry. Can't have just a bunch of chrome all the time. You'll do fine. Blessings, PM. <>< :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I took a first last year in my first show, only sport tourer entered. Two dozen hardleys :haha: and an equal amount of metric cruisers, several crotch rockets an a few oldies.

I'd have to say I got the most attention yeah I know it sounds biased but I had the biggest groups looking at Edna. B)

Good luck Heidi, And be prepaired for a lot of attention and... questions. :D

:jester:

Awsome Heidi --- email me later with the specifics on the location, time, etc; and I'll be there dropping lots of votes your way ;) (not that you'll need em!).

Cheers, Jay

Might wan't to try using Honda spray cleaner and polish instead of wax, does a great job and is very easy to use.

good luck :clap: :clap:

The scuff will add street ridden legitimacy to what might otherwise be a pristine machine. You cannot imagine the things I've done to freshly built motors so they would pass as trash to get race officials to look the other way....... ;) Good luck at the chrome show!

Thanks very, very much for the support guys! I need it.

I was just admiring my handywork on my saddlebags... that "Back to Black" made by "Mothers" is the shitz. The bags are black as opposed to kina' faded black/dark gray that was a couple of days ago. I also plan on doing the seat & other assorted black parts on the bike. (FYI... I won't be cleaning the seat with anything that causes it to be slippery)

And Jay... the show is next Sunday at the Chesapeake Convention Center. I'll have to go onto the diva site to look for times... because I'm not sure. BTW... I was down near your house today (helping a friend move) & there was a bunch of bikes over in the park... looked like chrome heads.

Hey bustanut... I'm really curious to see if any tourers enter. I know for sure that I'm the only woman around with an FJR... I don't know if there are other tourers... besides Harleys around that are owned by a woman.

I'm sure that I'll get a lot of questions & attention. I always get stared at... I'm not so sure if that's good, either. Hahahaha!!!

Seriously, everytime I pull into the 7-11 near my house I've got people complimenting my bike all of the time. A couple of weeks ago I had a man walk over to me with his little boy. The man said the little boy wanted to hear my bike. I said "you wanna' hear her tick?!?!?!". Hahaha! Just kidding. I gave him a little high powered boogy as I left. It's too bad that I've never popped a wheelie on a mototcycle. THat would've been a perfect time.

Rad, I know that you're right about the side bag scuff, too. That scuff is called... "pushing the envelope".

Oh, forgot to mention that the winner of each category gets an Ipod Nano. THat is my motivation!

Heidi

This sounds like fun! Wish you the best in your class. In order to be in one of these events do you have to do anything special to your bike? Or, is it just stock all shined up?

Aimee

I'd advise against the back to black on the seat!!!!!!

It's great stuff, but not for the vinyl that the seat is covered in. An automotive interior cleaner that's vinyl safe would be your best bet, but it will made the seat slippery.

I'd recommend just soap and water really well.

Good luck, Heidi.

Most probably you'll have the most "High Tech" bike in the show.

And, I made the mistake once of using Armour All on my seat...would slide forward under heavy braking and...well, you know! Also, had to hang on to the grips really tight on accel to keep from sliding off the back of the bike! But it did make shifting weight from side to side a lot easier.

brazos

Thats pretty funny using the Armour All. We used to laugh our asses off when we saw guys spraying this shit all over their bikes and then scare the bejezus out themselves. Also know of guys using it on their auto steering wheels and then wrecking in the first corner. You gotta shake your head.

Aimee, no... nothing special done. I planned on getting her out of the shed... & today will be the day to do detailing. I'm doing nothing other than that.

Travis, how come you would advise against Back To Black for the seat? The bottle says that it's for vinyl... & pretty sure that I used it one other time w/ good results. Not very slippery, either. My seat isn't dirty so not scrubbing w/ soap & water. I was looking for the blackening results w/o getting it too spicy... oh damn, that's the other kind of blackening, isn't it!

Bugnatr... HAHAHAHAHA!!!... True, True.

I thank thee again for the support. You brethren are great!!!

Heidi

PS... Jay, the show is from 11 to 6 & bike registration is fr/ 12:00 to 3:00... so, the show MUST be after 3:00. Also, there will be no ballet box stuffing. There are 3 judges... 2 men & one woman. This could be good & this could be bad. There is also an entry fee for the crowd of $10.00. I gotta' pay $20.00 to register, too. Probably to pay for those Ipod Nano they're giving away.

Latest posts