Good, bad, and the FUGLY Givi Top Case Bracket

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamaharley

Reaction score
Does anyone else hate the look of the Givi Monokey top case bracket as much as I do?

jfr_detail.jpg

I have the SR357 (with grab handles) on my '06. I don't mind the grab handles too badly... since they double the capacity of the trunk I can definitely live with the bars. But the mounting plate is hideous. I wish Givi offerred the grab bar with the flat aluminum bracket. That's what I want to put on my '13.

givi_sra2109_top_case_rack_yamaha_fjr130020062013_detail.jpg

Are there any other options to pair with the SR357 type grab bar with a mounting plate that is not fugly?

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like I could buy both brackets and combine them, but then I would have $305 dollars invested and basically a spare E228 bracket (Retail: $105) that I would have to sell second hand for less. :/

Leave the case on..... Mine never leaves the bike. That's where my jacket and overpants go when I get to work, and it's where groceries go when I shop on the way home. I haven't seen the mount in years.....

Leave the case on..... Mine never leaves the bike. That's where my jacket and overpants go when I get to work, and it's where groceries go when I shop on the way home. I haven't seen the mount in years.....
What Wfooshee said, the only time the Givi topbox is off my FJR is when I'm stripping it down for maintenance/repairs.

I do leave the top case on 90% of the time. Sidecases are on 99% of the time. (Always joke about the sportbike guys; if you have to wear a backpack on your motorcycle you have the wrong bike.)

I do like the idea of getting them powder coated. I'll be selling the '06 soon, so those will stay as-is, but I like the idea of powder coating the bars silver on the '13.

My E55 is so rarely off, my mount isn't visible. I think the bike looks better without the top case, but I bought a big ass trunk for a reason. Even for smaller stuff, it's easier to fish it out of a big container at chest level than from a sidecase. I keep raingear in the right case (with plenty of room to spare), jackets or other gear that have to come off as the day warms up in the left case, and my pack and incidentals in the ginormous E55. Only way to fly.