Good Bye Fjr

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pf-flyer

Reaction score
Well I sold my 06 FJRA (77th motorcycle I've owned) today. After 10,000 miles this past year, here are some thoughts. The motor, drivetrain are simply awesome. The power delivery was so friendly that driving it was fun everytime out of the garage. The handlebar adjustment sucked, it was a joke. Cable, wire length were just plain stupid. I hope the engineer gets promoted so he can't make any more designs. Even after Gen mar risers I was disapointed in the lack of adjustability and thought how good they could have been with some freeplay in the cables. Give me the 03-05 any day. Seat material was not to my liking, the antislip would roll up my shorts, Air Hawk to the rescue. The brakes on this thing were fantastic, I loved the linked ABS braking. Storage was excellant, fairing pocket, underseat, and the bags were great. Styling was great, It ain't no ST1300. Fuel mileage was great for a 145hp bike (46mpg). Instrument cluster controls on the right? I know both hands on the bars but.... . Cee Bailey 4+4 worked great for me. Are there better? I was only paying $150 once and was satisfied.

BMW sport grips and universal heaters worked great. I think this bike was very good, maybe a 8.5 out of 10. I shouldn't leave out that this site is very insightful and well regulated. Well, I'm on to my next bike, Happy Highways or Backroads, Trails ..etc.

Well I sold my 06 FJRA (77th motorcycle I've owned) today. After 10,000 miles this past year, here are some thoughts. The motor, drivetrain are simply awesome. The power delivery was so friendly that driving it was fun everytime out of the garage. The handlebar adjustment sucked, it was a joke. Cable, wire length were just plain stupid. I hope the engineer gets promoted so he can't make any more designs. Even after Gen mar risers I was disapointed in the lack of adjustability and thought how good they could have been with some freeplay in the cables. Give me the 03-05 any day. Seat material was not to my liking, the antislip would roll up my shorts, Air Hawk to the rescue. The brakes on this thing were fantastic, I loved the linked ABS braking. Storage was excellant, fairing pocket, underseat, and the bags were great. Styling was great, It ain't no ST1300. Fuel mileage was great for a 145hp bike (46mpg). Instrument cluster controls on the right? I know both hands on the bars but.... . Cee Bailey 4+4 worked great for me. Are there better? I was only paying $150 once and was satisfied.BMW sport grips and universal heaters worked great. I think this bike was very good, maybe a 8.5 out of 10. I shouldn't leave out that this site is very insightful and well regulated. Well, I'm on to my next bike, Happy Highways or Backroads, Trails ..etc.

Check the For Sale - I think there's an '03 on there...